Holiday charms/pallettes

Austrian_Babe

Ok, hope this doesn´t sound stupid:

what is usually IN the pallettes-just eyeshadows and a brush? and are the holiday charms tiny pigment-jars?

I´ve never gotten either one of these. what time of the year do they usually come out? I guess the release dates are different, so maybe gruopie knows more about the eurpean dates (you´re from the netherlands, right?)

and are they really wort bying? i mean compared to bying the full e/s and pigment sizes (concerning the price)? and are the ALL LE?

sorry for so many questions
lol.gif

jeannette

I'm not sure about the palettes, but the Holiday Charms Sets are really cute, and they contain 5 pigment vials (usually 3 pigments and 2 glitters).

Some of the colours in the Charms Sets are LE, usually the glitters, and at least one of the pigments.

It's definitely worthwhile buying the Charm Sets because the vials are small, and you don't have to pay as much for a full-sized pigment which you'll never use up!

mac_obsession

The palettes all come with either e/s and a brush or lipsticks/glosses and a brush..(Generally speaking) Sometimes they mix it up like with the trend maker and throw in a ccb or blush or glitter cream with an e/s l/g or whatever. Depends on the particular palette. The charms set depends on which charms, the pigments as stated by Sweet Jeannette are 2 glitters, 3 pigments, the nail charms were 5 nail polishes, the lipglass tastis were 4 mini l/g & brush, the paints were 4 (possibly 5 cant remember) paints and a brush, and the lipglass charms were 5 colors
smiles.gif

They came out in late November I believe, might want to check the color stories for that info.
Also generally there is one SE or LE color in the palettes, that personally makes it worth it for me cause its usually a great color, but its a personal choice I think.
Hope that helps!!

Austrian_Babe

thanks a lot for the answers. now I definitely WANT them!!!
maybe you guys know when the next ones come out? either e/s pallettes or charms..I want EVERYTHING ;-)

mac_obsession

Probably next year around the holidays!! I know nordies will be putting out something from mac for prom (april/may/june) in the states, but the charms were for the hoidays (christmas, etc)

also with the lipglass tasti charms, they introduced 2 new flavors and the other 2 were already d/c..so definately worth buying
greengrin.gif

AlliSwan

If you have the chance to preorder them, I suggest you snag every one you're interested in! My favorite MAC MA (total sweetheart who takes care of me and KNOWS how much I spend there every month!) told me the date they would be out, so I finally got to the counter the day after that to place my orders. Well, the MA who was working that day was a complete bitch and nastily told me they were sold out. I inquired politely as to how they could possibly be sold out when they only went on sale the day previously, and she snapped back, "BECAUUUUSE, we like, PRE. SOLD. THEM." I was like "YES. I GET THAT. I thought they went on presale yesterday?" and she snapped "NO--WE PRE. SOLD. THEM. THEY WENT ON PRESALE TWO WEEKS AGO. They went on sale to everyone ELSE [looks me up and down] YESTERDAY" and turned and walked away. She got fired, what a surprise!

CantMAKEUPmyMIND

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliSwan11
If you have the chance to preorder them, I suggest you snag every one you're interested in! My favorite MAC MA (total sweetheart who takes care of me and KNOWS how much I spend there every month!) told me the date they would be out, so I finally got to the counter the day after that to place my orders. Well, the MA who was working that day was a complete bitch and nastily told me they were sold out. I inquired politely as to how they could possibly be sold out when they only went on sale the day previously, and she snapped back, "BECAUUUUSE, we like, PRE. SOLD. THEM." I was like "YES. I GET THAT. I thought they went on presale yesterday?" and she snapped "NO--WE PRE. SOLD. THEM. THEY WENT ON PRESALE TWO WEEKS AGO. They went on sale to everyone ELSE [looks me up and down] YESTERDAY" and turned and walked away. She got fired, what a surprise!

Sounds like your MAC MA is chummy with the ones around here!

Anyway, I've missed out on all the Holiday collections and I feel most burned over the Jewel Eye Palette. *sigh* At least I know this year to PRE ORDER them LOL!!!