how can you tell if a LE is fake?

shelbyx33

I started collecting makeup a few months ago. How can we honestly tell if a LE is fake? I am sure that most aren't but I saw a fake WW on instagram. The person was not selling it but showing everybody that it happens.

mango13

I started collecting makeup a few months ago. How can we honestly tell if a LE is fake? I am sure that most aren't but I saw a fake WW on instagram. The person was not selling it but showing everybody that it happens.
There are a lot of fake MAC LE products especially on ebay. The printing of the letters, the packaging (usually it's cheap and easily comes apart), weird odors. If you're looking for LE that launched in the past few months there is still a bit of stuff left online at Macy's and Nordstrom. You can also go to MAC counter in less popular Malls they keep the collections months after they are no longer displayed (at least I found a few things that way). MAC has sooo many LE collections every year in special packaging it's might just be better to invest in new ones instead of trying to hunt down the old ones and paying hundred of $$$ on ebay (just my oppion). Popular products will be repromoted sooner or later.

shelbyx33

I am a sucker for Le packaging . I always look for good reviews on eBay. I am guilty of spending a lot of money lol I have already gotten a great start on my collection . Hunting down is the fun part

mango13

I am a sucker for Le packaging . I always look for good reviews on eBay. I am guilty of spending a lot of money lol I have already gotten a great start on my collection . Hunting down is the fun part
What items did you find? If it ends up being fake and you pay through paypay you may be able to have the transaction reversed. (I may be wrong though, but it seems logical since it's illegal to sell counterfeit makeup.)

shelbyx33

I haven't had any fakes at all. I saw somebody post a fake ww lippie. It just made me think a little