How do I use DoveFeather?

roxybc

So I bought DoveFeather the other day,but it's the same veluxe formula as Jewel Blue, which I have (and hate!). I don't know how to get these veluxe shadows to show up!! Any tips on that, or what to pair it with???

martygreene

veluxes are meant to apply sheerly, to allow for layering.

I wear dovefeather with grays and black, I really love the color.

207659.jpeg

that's scene, print, dovefeather, and carbon.

eyeshadowfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene

207659.jpeg

That's really pretty Marty!

How did you apply it?

Shawna

I always wear mine over paint or an e/s base. I have to apply 2 - 3 layers to get the colour to pop.

Janice

omg I love dovefeather! I use it with shadowy lady and parfait amour and grape pigment (all seperate OR together sometimes!) haha

AlliSwan

That look is really pretty. The only time I ever found a good use for it is when I needed to make my boyfriend look like he had a black eye. Then I got rid of it.

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeshadowfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene

207659.jpeg

That's really pretty Marty!

How did you apply it?

Dovefeather on the lid
scene and print in the crease blended into each other and fading out to the outer corner
carbon as a liner, and on the inner corner

mspixieears

The lighter ones, like Dovefeather and Behold, even Mink Pink, I find are great for mattifying your eye area and making it look even in tone. I think they are supposed to be subtle, or at least that is what I like about them!

roxybc

Wow, thanks guys! That eye is soo pretty!! I was thinking Dove Feather would be a little darker than it actually was. I put it together with Seedy Pearl, and Dove Feather in the crease, it looked really nice, but fairly subtle. Thanks for all the ideas though, I think I'll find some god uses for it!!
smiles.gif

shopgirl151

Hi!

This is actually my first post, but I had to register to tell you to go over to MUA and check out a FOTD posted by here4yagirlz - she used Dove Feather with a color that I never would have dreamed to put together - Metamorph! It's a gorgeous combo, but one that really can't be described, but rather seen for itself.