How rude?

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC
ew delete him, just cause he's family doesn't mean you have to be friends.

my lifetime motto.

roLLerGrrL

I'd ignore the comment, maybe it was just general. IF it keeps happening, just delete him.

Just ignore the family who comment on your makeup. What petty lives they must lead if that's the most important thing they have to say.

It's your life. If you wanted to wear green lipstick & polka dots on your forehead - that's YOUR business.

Maybe they're jealous of someone who actually have some imagination & creativity. Either way, it's not worth worrying about. Let them worry about it.

lazytolove

Thank you to all Specktra ladies. Your comments mean a lot to me. I took most of your advices, i blocked him. I'm sick and tired of having haters in my life, so i blocked him for peace of mind. <3 <3 <3

SnowAngel1106

Eff the haters girl! You're too cute for any of that! It sucks that your family is like that towards you though.

I deal with this practically every time I leave my house. Apparently, on this base I live on, being married means you're not supposed to dress cute or wear make up or do your hair...ALL of which I do every time I go anywhere. I don't care if it's to the post office or to the exchange. I get dirty looks and shit talking bitches everywhere. Just say screw you to all of them, flip 'em two fingers, and let them know jealousy isn't a good look on anyone (even if you only do it on the inside) =]

Shanti

For one, I know how it is to feel like family is hating on you, and it pisses me off. It saddens me that they're being rude to you for no good reason.

I'm glad you blocked him, he doesn't deserve anything less.

I've had someone write a hateful status about me, but not a family member... it was an ex-bestfriend who said that I should be shot lol.

Pink_minx

There are better ways of saying things like "you look better with less makeup on" like at least!?? but yeah that was rude especially posting it publicly on facebook. You do your thing girl, wear as much makeup as you want do your hair whatever style you like wear whatever clothes you want to wear its your body and your life.

spunky

delete him. even if he is family, he's not acting like family. what a small-minded rude little man!

lara

Wellllllllll not to play devils advocate here, but how do you know that was directed at you? Was it posted on your wall, or just a generic status update? If it was just a general update you're probably being a touch hypersensitive or it's hitting an issue that you're already antsy about.

Plus, to be perfectly honest, he has a point. If your make-up is that ruinous that your face is a totally different shade to your body, then you really need to wash it off and start again or re-cultivate your perspective of how your make-up is wearing you
winks.gif
That's a general you, not a you-you.

By all means don't put up with someone being mean to you, but on the flip side don't go starting a war over something that could be inconsequential at best.

lazytolove

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Wellllllllll not to play devils advocate here, but how do you know that was directed at you? Was it posted on your wall, or just a generic status update? If it was just a general update you're probably being a touch hypersensitive or it's hitting an issue that you're already antsy about.

Plus, to be perfectly honest, he has a point. If your make-up is that ruinous that your face is a totally different shade to your body, then you really need to wash it off and start again or re-cultivate your perspective of how your make-up is wearing you
winks.gif
That's a general you, not a you-you.

By all means don't put up with someone being mean to you, but on the flip side don't go starting a war over something that could be inconsequential at best.

I had thought before posting this topic and i see that you being very positive. But this problem has been going on in the family for a while, ever since i started wearing makeup. Honestly, i don't see anything wrong with my makeup at all. If the message wasn't dedicated to me, i still feel bad for whoever he was implying. He's a guy and i think it's kind of rude for a guy to talk that way about a girl.

YLQ

1) Knowing how he and his mom are towards you, you shouldn't have friended him to begin with.

b) Did it ever occur to your cousin, that maybe your foundation had sunscreen in it and therefore your face photographed much lighter than the rest of you because of the way camera flashes reflect off sunscreen, but that IRL you looked perfectly fine?

No, that probably didn't ever occur to him because he's probably one of the 95% of the male population that knows absolutely nothing about makeup.

III) There is no law requiring you to like/interact with extended family, all the law requires you to do is refrain from killing them.

lazytolove

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLQ
1) Knowing how he and his mom are towards you, you shouldn't have friended him to begin with.

b) Did it ever occur to your cousin, that maybe your foundation had sunscreen in it and therefore your face photographed much lighter than the rest of you because of the way camera flashes reflect off sunscreen, but that IRL you looked perfectly fine?

No, that probably didn't ever occur to him because he's probably one of the 95% of the male population that knows absolutely nothing about makeup.

III) There is no law requiring you to like/interact with extended family, all the law requires you to do is refrain from killing them.

I tried my best to get along but it seems like it doesn't work out. I guess one of the reason is he just didn't know anything about makeup. We don't see each other a lot, pretty much because we all busy with school and works. But i heard from my brother that he's very rude and never behave himself. Anyway i moved on with all this family problem...and i agree with #3. lol

Latest posts