How sad!! T&T going out of business!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PnkCosmo

Here's the article from WWD:

Quote:
THE END OF A BRAND: Wella-owned Tony & Tina Vibrational Remedies, the former indie brand of color cosmetics and, most recently, fragrance and skin care, announced Thursday that it is “closing its doors.” In an e-mail sent via global public relations director Dana Capone, Cristina Bornstein (better known as Tina), who cofounded the brand in 1997, stated “Tony and I really do believe that, when you make room in your life, clear away the old, so to say, you make room for new and wonderful things to happen. We’re very excited at the endless possibilities that are presenting themselves.” While Yana Chupenko, the brand’s director of product development and marketing, cited “unforeseen and unexpected circumstances” in an earlier e-mail, neither Bornstein, nor co-creative president (and co-founder) Anthony Gill, were available at press time for further comment.

OMG!! I'm gonna cry!! I love T&T!!!
cry.gif
weeping.gif
cry.gif
weeping.gif

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
Oh no! That means no more of the best eye-safe glitter!

What is WWD by the way?

WWD= Women's Wear Daily

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangeli
Please tell me that this is an April Fool's joke
ssad.gif

Nope, no joke!!

Sorry.
weeping.gif

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederland
im sad...

this kinda sounds heartless...but...

Does this mean liquidation sales?!!?!?
greengrin.gif

Some people have said it's already on clearance at their local nordies. I haven't checked mine yet.

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederland
im sad...

this kinda sounds heartless...but...

Does this mean liquidation sales?!!?!?
greengrin.gif

Some people have said it's already on clearance at their local nordies. I haven't checked mine yet.

Really? I don't think Sephora will put it on sale, since they only have one sale per year; the post-holiday.

They might try to sell as much as they can until June, then bring the leftovers back at clearance prices at next year's post-holiday sale.

I'll have to check my Nordies tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea
someone called them and they said maybe another company is going to buy them out

I'm crossing my fingers & really hoping that someone buys them out!!!

mspixieears

What a bummer, it is a bit of an understated brand. Perhaps they just weren't aggressive enough in their marketing.

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
What a bummer, it is a bit of an understated brand. Perhaps they just weren't aggressive enough in their marketing.

They did really well in my area. I went to a T&T event at my Sephora last month, and things were selling like crazy!!

Shawna

They just started selling T & T at our local Sears. I regret not buying more of their stuff now. All I got was some really cool nail polish with silver glitters in it. I wanted so much more..................

Status
Not open for further replies.