I am so lonely :(

Yamly

I am just 23 and I've given up on life. I broke up with my boyfriend 2 years ago... I don't feel anything. I don't feel like doing anything. The essence, the fun, the charm is missing in life. What should I do?

shellygrrl

Staff member
YOU'RE ONLY 23!

You're in that prime time in your life where you're unattached and don't have as many responsibilities as a lot of others on here do. Your twenties are the best time to learn about yourself and what makes you, you.

Also: it's been two years since your break-up. There is a lot more to life than being in/longing for a romantic relationship, and you don't need to be in one to feel fulfilled. Amatonormativity (a term coined by Elizabeth Brake) and the Relationship Escalator (read more about it here) aren't the be all and end all. Learn to be content in your singleness. Reach out to your friends and loved ones. Seek professional help if you need to.

Wiey

First of all, you should understand it's time to start doing something, it's time to move on. You can change everything on your own. I think you just need to get more positive emotions. What are your thoughts on online dating? Personally, I like it and thanks to Match I found a soulmate. Just give it a try at least, here is a review of this app https://datehookup.dating/apps/match-review/

Last edited:

davidscheff

Hi Yamly! Hope you are in a safe space now. I just joined the forum a few minutes ago. I came across this post while I was walking through. I have a niece of your age and trust me things will get better from now on. Just hang in there. We grow from these emotional downhills. Embrace these lessons. It's for the good. It's for defining what you are. Look at the bright side. Your system got crashed. Yet you rewired it and took the high road to come out of the chasm. Now you are in a space of serenity. Right now, make sure your physical self makes peace with your emotional self. Don't Jump into any stupid mistakes. If you feel like talking to someone ping me. Stay safe. Take care,:goodluck:

shellygrrl

Staff member
the statement that she is only 23 is wrong because people live here and now, she doesn`t know what will happen later, how she will feel at 30, and whether later will be in general

The OP stated outright they were “just 23”. It is not wrong to re-state that.

I also stand by the rest of my post.

toupeemoor

stop thinking negative, start planning the future and put goals to achieve, think about life as a journey you have to achieve a certain goal to be happy.

Latest posts