I bought a fake MAC product via PayPal, will I get a full refund?

beckyalyssa

Hello! I'm a long-time makeup addict but somehow only just registered here.

I buy a lot of 'second hand' makeup products via Depop (brilliant selling app) and have had nothing but great experiences so far; however I bought a Mac Hello Kitty lipstick from one seller advertising it as an authentic product. I paid over £10 total via PayPal Goods & Services. From the photos it certainly looks like the real deal, down to the label on the bottom. I have seen my fair share of fake Mac products so like to think I can spot them easily!

However when it arrived it had a nasty smell to it (not even close to vanilla), the packaging font was ever so slightly different and the label on the bottom turned out to be glossier than the normal ones in person, and after researching I noticed the shade name was different from what I thought the authentic ones were named.

So according to PayPal's help topics I should be entitled to a full refund - I have opened a claim and the seller is offering me a £7 partial refund after I opened a case, but I want all of my money back! The seller originally asked me to return it, but tracked postage is expensive and the seller doesn't have to accept the delivery. I thought with a fake cosmetic product which could be potentially harmful, I should be entitled to a full refund and have to dispose of it.

Has anyone else been in this situation? Should I just accept this partial refund, or will PayPal eventually take my side and refund me in full if I continue with the case? Any similar experiences to share?

Thank you!