I don't know that I deserve this job...

shorty

I love this thread too!

As a Brit I think our fashion is so different to overseas also... I buy most of my MAC when I visit family in Canada and EVERY single time I get so many comments on my dress sense. When I had my MAC interview in the UK it was one of the interview questions how often I bought clothes/changed my style etc... But i LOVE cheap clothes anyways! Disposable fashion!

weezee

Such great advice from everyone! I agree that you shouldn't go out and buy a new wardrobe, just some key pieces that you can maybe mix and match and accessories. Betsey Johnson has some great/trendy accessories. They can be a little on the spendy side but you can often find some of her stuff on Ebay and get it cheaper.

I'm sure once you get a little more practice, your self confidence will go up and you will look back and wonder why you stressed out so much over everything. You'll do GREAT!
thmbup.gif

chocolategoddes

The advice here is great!!!

I can relate to the OP. I'd probably come to work in a black sweatshirt, black skinny jeans, and black converse. But I'm thinkinh thats NOT very MAC-y.
Its alright to be nervous when you want to do a good job. It shows you take your job seriously. Once you get the hang of things you will be more relaxed.

newwavechola

omg. i have been feeling the same way. exactly the same way. its confusing everyone is so good at the counter i freelance at and its kind of intimidating. also the other day i did a app. and the girls friend said to her "i like the way you do it better, that doesnt look good." that really made me feel like crap. and i always feel like im the ghetto looking girl!