i feel the need to vent...

omgitscorinne

So about a 2 weeks ago my uncle commited suicide.i was told by my mother that for years he had been physically abusing his daughter (my cousin) and that she had tried to get help when it first happened but didnt. about 3 weeks ago she finally told my aunt (not her mom, but my other aunt) who works for a a clinic that helps women that have been abused. the police were notified and my aunt recieved full foster parent capabilities and my cousin is staying with her.

so back to my uncle- he had been depressed for about a year, because he had gotten into multiple accidents and his left arm became pretty much useless and he was in constant pain. after that happened his depression just became worse and worse. he left a suicide note for his wife saying that he doesnt want to live his life as a fugitive and that he would never be able to live with himself for what he had done to my cousin. according to the police he drove back to where he was born and killed himself.

i was informed about all of this extremely quickly and we had a memorial service for him this last weekend and i guess the finalness of it all is catching up.

is it reasonable to be angry? because i am. i hate him for doing this. for putting his family though so much pain. it is the most selfish thing he could have done. my aunt was recently layed off from her job and she now has to support herself and my cousin. its putting so much strain on her and it makes my heart break in too. i can understand that he didnt want to be a criminal and spend his life in jail, but ending his life was not the way to fix the problem. his entire family is falling apart.

i just cant believe he did all of this. and i miss him so much.
ssad.gif

gildedangel

I am sorry to hear about this. You will feel angry for awhile as that is natural in the grieving process. At least your cousin is in a safe place where she can't get hurt now. You will work through this, I wish you the best of luck!

kariii

I am sorry to hear what you're going through. RIP, may he rest in peace and your family comes back around together.

kaliraksha

I'm really sorry. I totally understand why you would be mad. The better, but harder thing to do would have been to get help and get his daughter help. At least your cousin has family that supports her and I hope you all find peace regarding this in the near future.

L1LMAMAJ

rip to your uncle. i can't even begin to imagine how hard it must be for you and your family. good luck and stay strong. keep us posted.

Latest posts