I just got a call....

iiifugaziii

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACattack
Hey, congrats! I'm going to be turning in a resume soon. What did you say to the manager when you handed in your app? Is this the time to wear all black, or not? Any help appreciated!

I wore all black when i turned in my application. and i was just really smilie and nice. I introduced myself to the manager and just told her that I was really really interested in anything they have available. I told her I didn't have makeup application experience(except for myself)but I did have over a year of retail and customer service experience. Just sort of chatted with her a bit about where I was working in the mall at the moment and stuff.
I definately wanted to talk with her and stuff b/c I wanted to try to leave an impression on her. I work in the mall right now and it's crazy how many applicats don't even ask for the manager and just rudely say, "do you guys have applications?" and don't even say thanks when they leave.
Some Mac employees actually told me, "just make sure you wear all black and your makeup looks BOMB!" when you go in to turn the app in. Good luck
smiles.gif

iiifugaziii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
That is so cool. Hope you get it.

Can anyone apply? Do you need special qualifications/training?
I'm not going to apply, just curious how it works!

I'm pretty sure anyone can apply. I have no previous makeup application experience. except for myself for the past few years. I've worked in retail for over a year and that's what I'm doing now too and I'm just underneath the managment level. So maybe the fact that I've worked in retail where I've had to meet goals/quotas and work with customers all day helps a little bit
smiles.gif

iiifugaziii

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACattack
Thanks for the info... I'm excited for you! Are you thinking you'll be doing freelancing or counter?

i have no idea yet. on my application I put "freelance position or part-time mac artist." even if it's just for freelance, that means a foot in the door for later on when I decide to apply for another position at mac! I'll keep you posted though after i have my interview next week

Latest posts