I'm clueless

warships

...when it comes to what to use on my skin.
1) What should I be using in the morning opposed to night time?
2) I heard you should tone, cleanse, then moisturize. Is this true?
3) Could someone could "define" what a toner and a cleanser?
4) Recommendations for semi-cheap, but good toners? I've never used one before because I have no idea what they're used for...hah!
5) What should I be using to remove my facial makeup at night? Again, semi-cheap recommedations, please
smiles.gif

Thank you all!

Insomiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by warships
1) What should I be using in the morning opposed to night time?
2) I heard you should tone, cleanse, then moisturize. Is this true?
3) Could someone could "define" what a toner and a cleanser?
4) Recommendations for semi-cheap, but good toners? I've never used one before because I have no idea what they're used for...hah!
5) What should I be using to remove my facial makeup at night? Again, semi-cheap recommedations, please
smiles.gif

1. Try a daily moisturizer for the morning and a leave on moisturizer for the nightime.

2. Yes that is true.

3. Toner should be used after you cleanse your face with a cleanser. Toner takes away those dead skin and excess make-up not removed by the cleanser.

4. I like using Neutrogena's Clear Pore Gel toner. It's the only one that hasn't made my face sting like some of the other toners I've tried. I also heard Witch Hazel toners are good.

5. You should definitely try cleasing with a cleanser, eye make-up remover (I like MAC's), toner then moiturizer.

Janice

I like Nuetrogena foaming facewash, it's also a makeup remover. I follow with Neutrogena alcohol free toner. I do this routine 2x per day (morning & evening). These are both relatively inexpensive products.
smiles.gif
hth

Lilstace

If you want something fairly cheap and very good quality then try Lush Cosmetics or The Body Shop. Bother companies other cleaners, toners and moisturisers at an affordable price and both companies also offer products best suited to your skin type.

MACattack

You should stray away from lotions with SPF at nighttime, this becomes too heavy on the face, potentially clogging pores.

For toners... if you're prone to excessive breakout, consider using an astringent (Sea Breeze makes a classic one- fantastic) or a toner made with Tea Tree Oil ( a natural antiseptic). Kiehl's makes great toners for all skin types. HTH!

warships

wow thanks for the advice everyone
smiles.gif

i'm glad you said something about the spf at night, because i had no clue. i'll have to buy a "night-time" moisturizer!

Latest posts