I'm so nervous... ahahah

LineausBH58

Ok I picked up the appl. today... worked the MU(i think
smiles.gif
Soba (higlight) Sketch (lash to crease) Mulch (inthe crease) black e/l black mas. Cheeks: Flirt&Tease Lips: Bare Fetish l/g

Dressed in black
oh.gif
(yes to pick up the appl... I have a friend who told me to dress like I already have the job)... And now... I'm so nervous....
weeping.gif
should I do a porf. with pic.... :confused: I have a lot of sales and mgrmnt exp. over 6 years .... but no real makeup... I did a few faces while working at The Body Shop... but that was years a go.... I got the bug to try to apply
from 2 MA in the Pro Store in Short Hills NJ... But I dunno!!!
th_dunno.gif

Do a lot of counters take on Part timers? How many days of pre- counter training do you have to do? Are the training days all in a row?? :deal: whats the deal??? Thanks

laceymeow

your makeup sounds pretty
smiles.gif
i'm not a mac employee, but from everything i've read i think you have a great shot with all of your sales experience! good luck & keep us updated.

just a quick question, were they actually looking for help or did you just ask for an application anyway?
i'm trying to work up the nerve to apply as well. i kinda feel weird asking for an application if they're not hiring, but i guess they'd keep it on file or something if they weren't.

LineausBH58

I went in the other day

I went in to Macy's and went right up and asked for the Counter Mgr.
th_wink3.gif
she was off... so I asked for an app..... which the MA couldn't find
th_confused_new.gif
... so I ask him his name (Ray)and the Mgrs. name is Melissa..
wavey.gif
..so I told him I would call ... I called today at like 12:30 and spoke to someone else (Rick) and he said I should come in to pick up the Appl.. and the rest is posted....
ssad.gif

good luck to you too
wavey.gif

laceymeow

i hope you get called in for an interview!!

it's really kinda weird because right after i posted that, i was bored and looking around job search sites. i happened to stumble upon an ad from mac, saying they need artists for all positions!
greengrin.gif
i think it's a sign that i needed to apply... so i went ahead and emailed my resume & cover letter.
now i'm nervous too, haha

allan_willb

I'm sure you'll be great.Whatever you do let them know every little thing that you have done that relates in the cosmetics field.Make overs, photo shoots, make up on friends family, proms or even weddings.Any little bit of info will help.Be as open as possible.Basic training is one week(later) but reg standard counter training is just a couple days.

giz2000

Good luck! At least around here, there are a lot of PT positions at counters (10-29 hour positions)...basic training is 1 week, but you might not go to training until you've already been at the counter...don't worry...most places are slow during the week, so you can get some on-the-job training...keep us posted on what happens...