• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

kristin kreuk look from tutorial request thread

faifai

kristin.jpg

This is what we are going to attempt to do, with two notable differences.

First, I'm not going to make the lower liner so glossy/shiny, that's appropriate for a photoshoot but if you were to attempt to wear it out it would melt all over your face.

And second, I'm not going to do the really "dewy" skin look because it's far too hot here and I'd look like a disco ball. If your skin can handle that or if you live somewhere not so oven-esque, the only change you'd have to make would be to blend liquid highlighter on your skin (instead of powder highlighter like I did).

And as always, I use no brushes for any of my makeup except for my blush.

Bare face beginning! I then applied mattifying gel over my nose and cheeks.

Apply shimmery neutral eye base all over eye from lashline to browbone. I used Wet n Wild Megaeyes Creme Shadow in Cafe au Lait.

Apply brown shimmery shadow from lashline to crease. I used NYX Ultra Pearl Mania loose shadow in Walnut Pearl.

It will look like so.

Apply a very very thin line of black liquid eyeliner to upper lashline. I used Wet n Wild Liquid eyeliner in black.

Curl lashes and apply as much mascara as you can get away with, the look is supposed to have very long lashes. I used Maybelline Illegal Lengths Waterproof and Volum Express Turbo Waterproof, both in black.

Apply black eyeliner to lower waterline. I used Prestige automatic pencil waterproof eyeliner in black. It's spectacularly long-lasting and has a fine point, even though it's automatic.

Continue to line outside the waterline. I went across my lower lashline about four times to make a thick line, then I patted some glittery black eyeshadow over it (Milani Storm....MAC's Black Tied would also work).

I added a bit more eyeliner to the top lashline, just to balance it out, but in the Kristin Kreuk photo she doesn't have liner on the top. I also put on some nude pink lipgloss here.

And guess what? After applying matte powder, bronzer on the hollows of your cheeks, and powder highlighter on the apples of your cheeks, you are done. If you want a shinier finish, use cream or liquid highlighter.

I should've gone with a more coral-y lipcolor though.

Expressing my irritation at wearing the wrong lipcolor.

And the end is here.​

reesie baby

Thanks for doing my request
smiles.gif
I love it! I was worried about doing it on myself then looking like I had a black eye. Just in time for my dance comp next week.

MacVirgin

ok. o.k yes i know this i gonna be my second comment on this thread but i had too cause u'r gorgeous! i love this one
kreuk16.jpg

faifai

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesie baby
Thanks for doing my request
smiles.gif
I love it! I was worried about doing it on myself then looking like I had a black eye. Just in time for my dance comp next week.

Yeah, don't worry about it melting off, it stayed on me in 105 degree weather for about 8 hours before it even budged.
smiles.gif

ruhin

Very nice. This is such a great look for you! We have similar skin tones, so I have to try it.
smiles.gif

j_absinthe

Very nice. My only critique would've been to maybe smudge the black liner a bit more up and outwards, sort of 'lifting' up the eye, creating that almost-cat like point.