MAC Foundations

amy

Alright, I'm abandoning the crappy Dream Matte Mousse, which seemingly attacked my face with a baseball bat, and switching to something better.

What is your favorite MAC foundation? (Or I guess any foundation!)

How is the coverage? I want something to even out my skin tone and whatnot, and not be super cakey or heavy.

What are the differences between all of them? (Yes, I checked the MAC site, but I want real opinions and descriptions...not flowery words to get me to buy something!)

TIA!

Julie

I had MAC Hyper Real Foundation and I hated it. It wasn't a nice consistency and seemed to disappear and change colors throught the day. I have dry combination skin and this really made the dry skin stand out.

rouquinne

Studio Matte

and now they've discontinued it.....

*sob*

ssad.gif

sassy*girl

Oh my, I've used a lot of them!

Studio Fix: It offers good coverage, but after a while of using it, I felt that my face was too dry. It can cover blemishes pretty well and can do a good job of evening out skintones. I felt that for me though, I needed to use a bit too much to get what I wanted, which ended up leaving my face looking a tad dry. Maybe I was just using too much, but a lot of people like SF. It's not that great for photos, though. It makes me look so much lighter! This was my first MAC foundation.

Matte: This was good when my skin was quite oily. But then it dried out my skin too much when I continued to use it after a while, so I had to stop using it. It controlled the shine though, when my face was feeling oily. No idea why my face kinda felt a bit drier after using it for a while. Maybe it got used to it?

Select Tint: I used this during summer. It was a good change, very light but still evened out my skintone pretty nicely. Natural coverage and not heavy at all!

Select SPF 15: This is the one that I used the most out of all that I've tried. As in I actually went back to get it again after finishing it once! =) My only problem is I get a bit oily during the day, but nothing a little absorbing film/blotting papers can fix or whatever they're called
winks.gif
Sometimes, I blend two shades to get a better-matching colour for my skin.

Studio Tech: Good coverage, but I felt that it was a bit too heavy (for me). But if you're looking for medium-full coverage, you can always try this out and see how it works for you =)

Hyper Real: I like the consistency, it feels a bit thicker than select spf15 because of the product ingredients. The shade it provides looks nicer on my skin [as in closer to my natural colour] compared to Select SPF15, but yep, you look kinda sparkly when you're outside! =P It's a good foundation, but maybe not for everyday wear.

I think the only ones I haven't tried are the Studio Stick, Face and Body, and Full Coverage. So I hope this helps you!

Oh by the way, right now I'm using BareMinerals. It's been very good to me so far =) If I want a little more coverage on some stubborn spots such as blemishes, I just whip out the Select Cover-Up Concealer [MAC] and it helps tons.

Okay, I'm done now :p

sassy*girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie
Wow sassy*girl, you really know your MAC foundations! Very imformative post.

Thanks! But yeah, my skin is kinda tricky so what works for me (or doesn't) might be different for others. But I hope this helps in some way at least =) Ohh yeah, I've tried so many foundations in order to find my HG foundation :p I mean, I like them for a while, then I usually try to look for something better... I'm kinda crazy like that. Haha.

rouquinne

Studio Fix is a powder foundation that can be applied wet or dry. Studio Tech is a cream.

i have both and sometimes use Studio Tech in the morning and touch up with Studio Fix dry during the day.

i carry Studio Fix instead of pressed powder with me every day.

sassy*girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy
sassy*girl -- THANK YOU!! That was incredibly informative!!
smiles.gif

you're very welcome
smiles.gif
also... when you go to the counter or store, you can always ask them to recommend something to suit your specific needs. i usually asked the MAs for their opinion before i ended up buying something to see what they have to say about a specific product.
thmbup.gif

Latest posts