MAC Interview coming up!!

iaisha26

I worked for MAC while in college and at the interview I was simply asked to bring a model - the demo portion was scenario based. So the brushes you'll use will depend {if this is still the current process}.

I'd like to add the average MAC shopper isn't a makeup-a-holic or Pro Artist...imagine your everyday women with a few minutes to put on a look or someone wanting a look for a special occasion. So less is more, no need to break out 10 brushes because the average women isn't going to want to go through all of that or more importantly spend a lot of money.

Best to approach that a women has $50-$75 to spend and whats a day and night look...sell that to them...point out why you're recommending it.

Good Luck

Serac

A little backround about me before I get into it- I'm a freelance artist NOT with mac and have only ever used some products of mac in the past- my kit is a little bit of everything, I'm a pro sfx artist with Kryolan, MUFE, NYX and a bunch others.

I went into MAC the other day to get a setting spray- when I was approached by the girl at the counter telling me I should apply to be a freelance there-

She said they were always hiring for freelance artists and she thought I'd be a perfect candiate. I was wearing shorts and a teeshirt with a full face. I told her I would come back when dressed properly. ( all black of course ).

I work a full time job presently but I have been thinking about Mac a lot!!! - like non-stop..

I guess I'm most nervous about the makeup demo- if I even get called there. What are some tips to remember, also I read somewhere that they train, so is it mostly about how I interact with the customer?

Thanks ladies!

OH I guess also for the demo do I need to use all Mac brushes?

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
Moved this to the Working for Cosmetics Retailers forum.
peace2.gif

Good luck on your interview!
thmbup.gif