MAC Makeover

Persephone

Hi all,
I am interested in having a MAC Artist do my face for me. I know the cost is $40. What is included with that? How long should I plan? Should I go with foundation on?

TIA,
Coreen

FacesbyNiki

I would say just go bare face. Let them do everything.
smiles.gif

Alison

When I went in it took a little over an hour for the whole thing. The $40 is redeamable it product so the makeover is essentailly free if you plan on buying a few things.

I've had this doen twice (once for Madame B a week or two a go and once several years ago when I was first getting into MAC).

The MA will walk you along the counter, asking what kinds of things you like and picking out colours for the makeover. I'f you don't like something when she is done just tell her and she will be more than happy to fix it for you (for the Madame B my MA put on way more blush than I was used to and she toned it down no problem).

Ask her to do a colour chart and she will write down everything she used on you so you.

Most of all, have fun!

Persephone

I called this afternoon to find out if my Pro Store does makeovers and the girl that talked to me said nothing about applying the $40 towards products. She did say that I would get a free mascara though. (uhg, I HATE their mascaras.)

Is this standard or do the stores make their own policies regarding the $40?

Cori

Sanne

I allways get my make-up done when I visit MAC, but that's probably because I'm the biggest MAC junkie in the netherlands!

Austrian_Babe

why does this take a full hour?? I mean, it´s amazing they take so much time for only 40$ in products you buy afterwards. we only have 2 MAC counters in town (and in austria in general) and it´s ALWAYS busy. so I was just wondering if they really take their time for you.

but I´ll definitely get a makeover too. but I´m just afraid I´ll bet tempted to spend like 300$
lol.gif

MizMac

SOme freestanding and Pro stores charge $40 and all you get is a free mascara. I know at our counter (nordies) they won't let us charge for a makeover or even make the person buy anything. It all depends on what store or counter you go to!! I hope you have a fun experince!!

gte082r

At MAC stores (regular and pro) it is $40 for a makeup appointment. You get a face chart, and a mascara. The $40 does not apply towards a purchase.

When there is a special event (new product launch), they offer shorter, less involved appointments with a $40-$50 minimum purchase (just like department stores). Nordstroms is the only store that does require minimum purchase with makeovers.

The $40 appointment is more involved, and you get an artist that is MAC certified (as opposed to a random freelancer who may have zero training at a special event/product launch).

Definitely go with a bare face if at all possible.

Persephone

Thanks! That helped!

I will have fun and I'll report back with what they used and hopefully a photo...

Coreen