MAC makeup demo interview (UK)

makeupbyholly

Hi there everyone, So today I had my 3rd and final interview for MAC, it was the makeup demo which I honestly dreaded doing. Basically I had to do the usual thing of bringing in my own model and brushes etc, I went around 10 minutes early and was told to wait with my model until the other girls had done finishing their makeup demo. I think we waited about 15 minutes until they were done, the manager called me over and introduced herself and let me know what I was doing today, she showed me where everything was on the counter and gave my model a selection of face charts to choose from they were all basic looks but had a stand out feature my model picked nude eyes and bold lip which I thought would be a piece of cake, how wrong was I?! I had 5 minutes to pick out everything which honestly only felt like a minute as when I got back the manager said I had gone over! Not a great start, I forgot one or two things as well but the manager was more than happy to grab them for me. So after that stress I was given exactly 30 minutes to do the entire look which sounds plenty of time but it did not feel long at all! I was shaking so much I completely feel like I wrecked the makeup look entirely. 30 minutes went by and the manager gave me some critiques on the look, I got way more negative than positive feedback but I was kind of expecting that. After that I was given a further 10 minutes to do a winged out liner again it seems like plenty of time but it did not feel like it at all and completely messed up :( I spoke to my model as if she was a customer and mentioned the Back 2 MAC scheme so I'm not too worried on the customer service side of things just my makeup application. I feel I could have done SO much better and I'm really annoyed at myself as I know I could have done everything better. I took the negative feedback on board and answered honestly when she asked me what I could have improved. I now have to wait 2 weeks to hear back, I really hope I get this job I want it so badly :( Has anyone else had a similar experience? And what was the outcome of the interview? I guess it's not the end of the world if I don't get it as I have a job currently but I would love to work at MAC so much. Thanks everyone for reading xxx