MAD minerals swatches

Maktgalena

Bought a lot of sample jars fron MAD Minerals
These swatches are not all, but the ones I've had time to photograph so far! :p

My skin don't match the MAC foundations available in Stockholm, they're either too pink or too yellow and we don't have a Pro stand so I wouldn't know what the neutral ones look like
ssad.gif

Anyway, I've used MAKE UP STORE foundation "milk" as a base, and applied all shadows on that, then with urban decay primer potion and also I painted a line with MAD minerals liner sealant (painted directly to skin and pressed pigment into it with a dry brush)

(If this swatch thread should be in another forum, please let me know!)

Cancun sand, Creamy butter, Lemon drop, Taxi
94382_12072543231.jpg

The upper spots is with MAD minerals eyeliner sealant as a base, the left line is pigment on foundation and the right line pigment on foundation + UDPP.
Image with flash.

Whisper green, whisper blue, whisper opal, whisper red
81600_12072544331.jpg

Foundation only as a base. Foundation was quite enough to make them stick! :p
Upper image with flash, lower is daylight only.

Furious, Spritz, Twisted, Drama queen
89041_12072545841.jpg

To the left is pigment on foundation, in the middle pigment on foundation and UDPP, to the right is pigment on foundation and MAD minerals eyeliner sealant.
Upper image with flash, lower image daylight.

Islander, Pizzazz, Spoiled, Plum dream
40922_12072546311.jpg

To the left is pigment on foundation, in the middle pigment on foundation and UDPP, to the right is pigment on foundation and MAD minerals eyeliner sealant.
Upper image is daylight and lower with flash.

Fire opal, Sienna, Wreckless, Black cherry
30493_12072547921.jpg

Upper images is with flash and bottom one daylight.

Black, Sultry blue, Sultry green, Quiet storm
37346_12072558051.jpg

Upper image with flash, lower image daylight.

Spruce, Aquadelic, Peridot stone, Day dreamer
57808_12072550031.jpg

All images are with flash. The upper image has five swatches and the fifth one, is MAC pigment Teal applied the same way as the others.

Maktgalena

Update, hooray!
th_thstars.gif

I've swatched some more of my MAD mineral samples. Some of them are really hard to catch and are more vivid in real life. I'll say later on wich ones.
Anyhow, my skintone is about the same colour as UDPP. The swatches are from left: on MAKE UP STORE "milk" foundation (it's a bit too dark for me), foundation + UDPP, foundation + MAD minerals eyeliner sealant.

blackberry.jpg

fireside.jpg

ponder.jpg

I thought Ponder was gonna be like three shades lighter because it's so light on MAD minerals webpage. Well it's really dark. Not dark enough to use as a crease definer but too dark to be a blush for me.

delirious.jpg

Delirious and Baby face are mch alike, some golour and LOTS of glitter. The glitter sticks quite well on this one, Baby face is harder. Also Baby face is more orange/brown, Delirious more orange/pink.

kunzite.jpg

A lovely shade of purple, a bit darker and not as "clean" as Pizzazz.

petal.jpg

bigapple.jpg

Big apple is much more vivid in real life. very similiar to Rave but more pink tones. next to eachother Rave look orangey (but next to Trust fund Rave looks totally pink).

rave.jpg

Also VERY hard to catch. Rave is much much much more vivid in real live!

trustfund.jpg

The natural light image almost shows the brightness of trust fund! The two above are just as lively in real life.

wildmango.jpg

tropical.jpg

This looks inisible on foundation in the natural light image, but it gives a hint of colour and when light strikes it you relly see the shine and sparkle it has.

As you may have noticed, UDPP doesn't make the glitters stick. If you're gonna use a glittery shade I'd have another primer as base. MAD minerals eyeliner sealant makes the glitters stick as well as the pigment, but it's not as good as the UDPP (won't last as long).

SQUALID

My latest MAD-order just arrived, so I made a swatch!
smiles.gif
All colors dry on UDPP

1.jpg

Ivory White (Plain white. The camera turned it into something.. else.)
Taxi
Temptress
Trust Fund
Tropical
Sour Apple
Chance
Cat's Eye
Big Money

2.jpg

Peridot Stone
Speed
Electric Blue
Day Dreamer
Eminence
(Same color as Drama Queen, but this is matte)
Drama Queen
Alyssa

3.jpg

Illegal
Big Apple
Hot Stuff
Pizzazz
Kunzite
Heavy Metal

Brelki

Here are some MAD minerals indelible cream e/s. In fact, three of them are dupes of the MAC paint pots. Here are pics:

MAC Bare Study vs. MAD Nude Frost
1240821.JPG

MAC Rubenesque vs. MAD Apricot Frost
1221127.JPG

MAC Painterly vs. MAD Bare Necessity
1221128.JPG

nera_pooh

MADMINERALSPIGMENTIsamplovisablicem.jpg

first row- topaz sun, baby face, delirious
second row - shell, evocative

P5100023.jpg

first row: camisole, san dune
second row: timelles, sultry green, emotions, desert moon, envy
third row: twisted, wild mango, linen, choc.mint, super nova

HppyLittleNinja

All images are with flash. The upper image has five swatches and the fifth one, is MAC pigment Teal applied the same way as the others.
Thank you for your swatches, Maktgalena. I recently came across MAD Minerals while looking for a liquid transformer for powder products. After all this time, do you still like the MM Mineral Eye Shadow/Liner Sealant? I'm hoping to use it to make eyeliners.