makeup artistry...

Krystle

is there any place that offers makeup artistry classes? is there such a thing?

i am not looking into it as a profession...just for fun.

glittergoddess27

I'd recommend calling your local beauty schools, not only do they offer classes on hair design but often they also "aesthetician" classes which are makeup and design theory,.Sometimes they'll let you watch classes or even participate for a minimal fee,... if you have a local MAC store though,.. I would pump those people for knowledge,..... I love my John from the local store he is always showing me new things!

Onederland

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittergoddess27
I'd recommend calling your local beauty schools, not only do they offer classes on hair design but often they also "aesthetician" classes which are makeup and design theory,.Sometimes they'll let you watch classes or even participate for a minimal fee,... if you have a local MAC store though,.. I would pump those people for knowledge,..... I love my John from the local store he is always showing me new things!

Seriously...go to your make up counter ALOT. Get to know the MA's there.

Ya know. I have strolled around the Nordstroms cosmetics coutner so often, I have been offered 3 jobs from 3 different brands. And they're all really sweet. I even get freebies and what not since everyone knows me there now. Hahahaha...

They always teach you things if they like you.
greengrin.gif

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea
$6000 including hair (just styling not cutting/colors) and makeup. 8 week program.

Wow!

That's how much my beauty school was; and that was a 1 year course!

Chelsea

yeah it's pretty damn $$$$.. but oh well
smiles.gif
im pretty excited. They use mainly Laura Mercier makeup there.

singinmys0ng

im getting my esthsian (sp?) liscnse this summer..can't wait!!..but what i would recomend if you do go to a school..i would say don't over spend on a private school..all they do is take your money and don't teach you as good! (at least that's what my mom said when she went and my dad owned a beauty school) but the best bet would be to research!

Latest posts