• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

My Depotting Tutorial! :D

perpetuallycute

Okie pokie - I developed this tutorial using my embosser heat tool.
I use the beginning part from saramwraps tutorial on www.makeupaddict.com - this is a great one to use if you don't have the heat tool.

Gather all supplies!
tutorial0013th.jpg

tutorial0020rk.jpg

tutorial0033ds.jpg

tutorial0043ib.jpg

Pop it out - slap a magnet on it

and then if you want the label - get your shadow pot and flip it upside down - then with the heat tool, blow on the sticker for a few seconds. Then with a small blade pick up an edge and peel off
smiles.gif

hope this helps!

ladybugz07

I hope you don't mind Mia, but I just wanted to add something to this...
smiles.gif

I use the same method, but change it up just a little bit. I heat the plastic side of the insert for 20 seconds and then just use an exacto-knife. I stick it between the pan and the insert and just pop the pan out. The good thing about this is that the insert remains intact and can fit back into the pot. Therefore, if you have some LE pots you don't want to B2M, you can keep them and can even reglue the pans back in, if you want. It is a super quick way to depot and there's no fear of burns!
smiles.gif

MACgirl

thats cool thanks, i however just peel the little sticker from the box the shadow came in and put that on the bottom of the magnet and im done!

perpetuallycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACgirl
thats cool thanks, i however just peel the little sticker from the box the shadow came in and put that on the bottom of the magnet and im done!

thats clever!
hehe - I'm usually so excited about the shadow, that I throw the box away with out even thinking about the little sticker

jasper17

I did 45 e/s and 4 blushes using just about this method a couple weeks ago. Worked really well. The only thing I would add is maybe use some tongs (the kind with a hole in the end) to hold the item when you heat is, if you hold it, so you don't burn yourself.

perpetuallycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper17
I did 45 e/s and 4 blushes using just about this method a couple weeks ago. Worked really well. The only thing I would add is maybe use some tongs (the kind with a hole in the end) to hold the item when you heat is, if you hold it, so you don't burn yourself.

I'm so glad to hear that it worked for you!!!

haha - tongs. I seriously need some of those around the house!
smiles.gif

you're definately right, it would help!

Glitziegal

As I had a heat tool to hand I gave it a try. It works very well indeed, although I did burn my finger a little bit. But then if you touch hot metal that can happen
oh.gif
ops:
can hardly wait for a palette to pop all my pretties into
smiles.gif

martygreene

I added a link to this tutorial to the depotting FAQ post. Such a great idea! I wonder if it works with a hairdryer on high, or is that still too cool?

GoldieLox

I was just curious what that little heater thing is and where you can get one. and yah actually i was wondering if anyone has tried the hair dryer.. might work. maybe i will give it a try and let you guys know. thanks for any info in advance.

mac_obsession

I do the same thing with a soldering iron
greengrin.gif

I just press it through tho, and the eyeshadow pops out and I put the insert back in with a lil hole in the middle...do it with blushes too
greengrin.gif

perpetuallycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
I added a link to this tutorial to the depotting FAQ post. Such a great idea! I wonder if it works with a hairdryer on high, or is that still too cool?

awesome!
I'm not sure about the hair dryer thing - but I know that this gets MUCH hotter than a hair dryer!

perpetuallycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldieLox
I was just curious what that little heater thing is and where you can get one. and yah actually i was wondering if anyone has tried the hair dryer.. might work. maybe i will give it a try and let you guys know. thanks for any info in advance.

the heater thingie is an embosser heat tool and can be found in craft supply stores around the rubber stamps.
http://www.dickblick.com/zz431/07/

I haven't tried the hair dryer thing - but I know that this definately gets WAY HOTTER than a dryer!

breathless

neat idea! i think my mom has an embosser heat tool for her crafts, now that i just read your last statement. this is great! thank you!

Latest posts