NYX Candy Glitter Liners!!!!

astronaut

I finally got my hands on these liners and they are AWESOME!!! I'm usually anti-drugstore products but I'll admit that these are superrr!!! I've swatched the Urban Decay liners before at Sephora and these are seriously better! More glitter! ONLY cost me $3 each!
yahoo.gif

link to video

I made a video review!

MadchenRogue

How cool !! you should post some pics on them -- cause I want to buy some for X-Mas !!!!!!
Just wanna know how they look like !!

BadBadGirl

Those are seriously beautiful! I'm planning on buying 7 of them.

I'm interested in seeing if these are better than UD's liners.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBadGirl
Those are seriously beautiful! I'm planning on buying 7 of them.

I'm interested in seeing if these are better than UD's liners.

They are BETTER, with more glitter, and waaaay cheaper on top of that!

GlamYOURUs

I went to a store today that used to sell them (they have all the NYX products) and I heard bad reviews about them. :\
The store discontinued it because customers were complaining how they dried out real quick and how it all gunked up on top creating a crust and the smell and look even changed colors!

And then she said its now been recalled for that reason. So be careful! I know 3 dollars sounds great but it really isn't worth it.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
I went to a store today that used to sell them (they have all the NYX products) and I heard bad reviews about them. :\
The store discontinued it because customers were complaining how they dried out real quick and how it all gunked up on top creating a crust and the smell and look even changed colors!

And then she said its now been recalled for that reason. So be careful! I know 3 dollars sounds great but it really isn't worth it.

That doesn't make sense to me. I've been using them for a some days and haven't had any problem with them. They are still for sale on the NYX site and when things are recalled they put notices on the official site at least. I just wrote NYX an email regarding this so hopefully I'll get a reply soon.

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
That doesn't make sense to me. I've been using them for a some days and haven't had any problem with them. They are still for sale on the NYX site and when things are recalled they put notices on the official site at least. I just wrote NYX an email regarding this so hopefully I'll get a reply soon.

Thats just what the lady told me :\ I haven't tried them yet. And my thoughts exactly, I would assume they would say something on the website. But hey thanks for looking into it. Hope you get a reply soon. Because I really want to try them out myself if it doesn't cause any sort of problems.

astronaut

Here's what I wrote them:

Quote:
Hello. I have a question regarding the Candy Glitter Liners. I have a couple and really like them. I was raving about them on a makeup forum and someone wrote that they visited a store that used to carry them in which the owner of the store informed her that the NYX Glitter Liners are being recalled. Is this true?
Thank You,

And I got a reply back today:
Quote:
Dear Elizabeth;

No this is not true, If you can please let me know what store informed you that and for what reason? If you should have any further questions you can e-mail us.

Thanks.

Mirna Ruvalcaba

Assistant Manager

NYX Los Angeles Inc.

NYX Cosmetics: Simple Life, Simple Cosmetics

I then said:

Quote:
Here is what the poster wrote regarding her experience at the store:

And then she said its now been recalled for that reason.

And her reply was:

Quote:
Are you sure its NYX products because this is one of our best sellers we haven’t received any complaints about this product. If you can please let me know which store has this poster posted in their location.

Thanks.

Mirna Ruvalcaba.

I then reread the emails and realized that she was confused with thinking that there was an actual physical poster talking about an NYX recall. I wrote back saying:

Quote:

I'm sorry. I just reread the emails between you and I and I think you were confused thinking that there is an actual poster talking about an NYX recall. Let me try to explain the story more clearly: I was at an online makeup community and I wrote a topic talking about how great the NYX Candy Glitter Liners were. Another user responded to what I said saying that when she went to a store to go get some, the person who worked there said that they were no longer selling the NYX Candy Glitter Liners because customers were complaining about how they dried up, gunked, smelled, and changed colors. She also said that the lady told her that NYX was recalling the liners for that reason as well. I hope this clears things up.

Elizabeth

GlamYOURUs, can you please confirm that the lady was referring to NYX and where the store location is? Thanks.

MadchenRogue

Well I just purchased some NYX products ( shadow stick, shadows...) on Cherry Culture they have a great promo which ends TOMORROW, plus the NYX products R ON SALE !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! I bought 3 candy glitters : disco queen ( the blackish looking one, crystal and hot green. Sometimes, stores DO carry old products that should be thrown away...if they had them in stock for a very long long time....no wonder they got a glumpy..

PS--

Yeah I saw the youtube thing and I was so sold !! Also on youtube panacea 81 has some NYX tested....

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
Here's what I wrote them:

And I got a reply back today:

I then said:

And her reply was:

I then reread the emails and realized that she was confused with thinking that there was an actual physical poster talking about an NYX recall. I wrote back saying:

GlamYOURUs, can you please confirm that the lady was referring to NYX and where the store location is? Thanks.

Yes she was referring to NYX because I asked her specifically about the Candy Glitter Liners after reading the good reviews on here and that is exactly what she said (what I told you in my previous post). They have a lot of the NYX products at this store in the mall called Bliss in Carlsbad, Calif.

But thank you so much for looking into it for me! Sometimes you can't even trust these people that work there. :\ I was a bit suspicious myself and I wanted to check out another store that has NYX but never got around in doing so. Thanks again!

MadchenRogue

I just received my package from Cherry Culture...and WOW. The glitters (NYX) are sooooooo awesome. granted the size of the glitter are not as BIG as the Urban Decay ones, but they do reflect pretty good in the light. I got the shadow sticks (NYX), and they really stay put. I am very very impressed by the quality.