Older MAC Lipsticks

Matte

I recently swapped for a MAC Brew lipstick. Its lustre with a batch code of A94.

There are signs that this may be not be authentic, but at the same time, I realize it's an older product, so the packaging features may have changed.

These are the reasons why I think it may not be authentic:

• The lipstick cap is not interchangeable with my authentic MAC lipsticks I purchased myself. All MAC lipsticks were purchased within the last two years though.
  • The lipstick bullet is slighter taller (ever so slightly but noticeable)
  • The lipstick feels slightly lighter in my hands
  • The lipstick does not twist up as smoothly as my authentic MAC lipsticks

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to see if the lipstick caps of their older MAC lipsticks (like from 2004) can fit onto their newer MAC lipsticks? The cap for the MAC Brew lipstick is loose on my new MAC lipsticks (and vice versa, the caps of my new MAC lipsticks feel tight on the MAC Brew).

Any help is much appreciated! Let me know if it will help to post pics...thanks!

corinne27

I recently swapped for a MAC Brew lipstick. Its lustre with a batch code of A94.

There are signs that this may be not be authentic, but at the same time, I realize it's an older product, so the packaging features may have changed.

These are the reasons why I think it may not be authentic:

• The lipstick cap is not interchangeable with my authentic MAC lipsticks I purchased myself. All MAC lipsticks were purchased within the last two years though.
  • The lipstick bullet is slighter taller (ever so slightly but noticeable)
  • The lipstick feels slightly lighter in my hands
  • The lipstick does not twist up as smoothly as my authentic MAC lipsticks

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to see if the lipstick caps of their older MAC lipsticks (like from 2004) can fit onto their newer MAC lipsticks? The cap for the MAC Brew lipstick is loose on my new MAC lipsticks (and vice versa, the caps of my new MAC lipsticks feel tight on the MAC Brew).

Any help is much appreciated! Let me know if it will help to post pics...thanks!
it should be fine!! a few of my lipstick caps fit kind of lose on my new lipsticks! i thought i was the only one who lost lipstick caps!! lol!

Matte

Oh phew! Glad to hear that the older lipstick caps are kind of loose on the newer ones!

I think it's safe to say it's authentic, thank you!

dorni

10 years of MAC lipstick packaging. Everything is bought at a MAC freestanding Store.

Left to right: Syrup (2002), Barcelona Red (2007), Viva Glam I (2012)

sweetkandy

I have an old tube of Icon that I thought was counterfeit because the word MAC isnt on the silver tube, but it looks like the old packaging just didnt have that there. The smell is also horrible (one of the ways I usually determine a real vs fake) but I guess it could just be because of the age.