Oops, think i may have brought fake MAC pigments. Let me know what you think?

shylaxxo

Hey everyone :) im new here but i just thought i would ask. I bought a bulk lot of MAC pigments from a girl on Ebay, and because she spoke good english, wasnt from china or anywhere like that and overall just seemed genuine. (whether she knew they were fake or not im not sure) but here are some photos. Let me know what you think :) thanks xxx

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I don't have any of the old style jar pigments myself, but this surely looks fake to me. Overall the packaging looks cheap and the MAC logo is placed lower compared to pics I've seen of original jars.
Unfortunately there are lots of ebay sellers from the US, UK, Germany etc selling fake products, knowing full well they aren't genuine. It's not just sellers from China.

shylaxxo

This lady was from Australia, claiming she was 'cleaning out her makeup stash' and just then admitted she doesnt think they are genuine but were quite pricey. I didnt think they were real at all but just wanted to check. Thankyou! :)

shylaxxo

Thankyou :) once i looked at them properly i was sure they werent real. but thats okay, still good to practise with i guess :)

shylaxxo

I read somewhere they can be used with a clear nail polish to ake your own colours, that may be a good idea :)