pleated skirts...

rouquinne

i LOVE pleated skirts!

but i'm fat.

are they a no-no for big girls like me?

ssad.gif

jamiemeng

hey rouquinne I cant wear pleated skirts also.
because I am Fat. I have been fat for 9 years. Thx

rouquinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea
Im fat and I look ok in a pleated skirt
smiles.gif

where do you find larger size ones here in Canada?

the ones at Old Navy go up to 20 but their 20 doesn't fit me, while the 18 at Addition Elle does.

Addition Elle doesn't have any pleated skirts. and i can't find any in pattern books, where i need a 24!
ssad.gif

i think they're slimming because of the way the pleats move when you walk!

Jessica

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiemeng
I need to find pleated skirts in size 40 or 44. Thx

is your waist a 44? or is that your size....seems unlikely. Jamie I would try the women's department or a specialty shop like Lane Bryant. Thanks!

jamiemeng

yes my waist size is 44 and up. Thanks jessica for the information I will try lane bryant. Thx so much

rouquinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea
I shop at old navy/gap type stores. I wear a 14/16 there

then there is NO way you could even possibly be described as FAT!!!

the sizes run small at those stores and you probably wear a 10/12 everywhere else.

rouquinne

nope, sorry, chelsea... i'm not buying it at all!

greengrin.gif

i did find some plus size pleated skirts today - at Wal Mart in the *George* department of all places.

but they're very thin cotton, although they are lined, and only come in a lavender stripe shade.

mrskloo

I'm a big girl too...
smiles.gif

Speaking of pleated skirts, I have a used Banana Republic white pleated skirt, size 12, if any of you are interested.. I don't use it anymore.

AlliSwan

not to complain that I need MORE padding, but I have NO ass and I honestly look ridiculous in pleated skirts because of it...I have some love handles I try to pass off as hips but NO hips and NO ass!!! ARGHH!

cinkiss

im a big girl too and I <3 lane bryant, they are sooo different than they used to be, you get such a great fashionable selection, however if you are looking for a cheap price its probably not the place to go, if you have a fashion bug near they have a really good plus size department and target has some reallllly cute plus sized clothes, and last but not least if you can find a Cato's near you GO GO GO as fast as you can. I saw the CUTEST pleated skirt in there the other day for like 15 dollars, they are trendy, well priced, and they clearence their clothes like everyother week, so you can get trendy stuff, at a sale price
greengrin.gif
my shopping tip of the day!

Eye<3Colour

im THICK! im a 14 or 16 at old navy. thats the only place in town i can shop to fit my thickness. im not wide enough to shop at lane bryant. sometimes i wish i was, because it make it so much easier to go shopping. its hard to find clothes to fit a thick waist!!! target is another place i can find stuff. but as far as the skirts go, nope cant wear them. they make me feel very wide!!!

Trashley

Well I'm a size 9, a bit chunky in the legs. I don't know, I've always said for myself leave the pleated skirts to the cheerleaders. If I were to wear a skirt I'de wear those long pretty skirts. I think there called boho or prarie skirts. I think they are really flattering because of the A line fit.