Post-Workout body wash and lotion??

MACreation

I work out a couple times a week and find my regular wash/moisturizers unsatisfying to my skin.......i need somethings specially helpful after working out. Cleansing and moisturizing well, and freshening up my skin. PLEASE HELP!!

mspixieears

I like to use Philosophy's The Power Shower gel after getting all stinky due to exercise, and then later on, I'll actually have a nice hot soak. That probably doesn't help, but you may want to try? Perhaps you need to get thicker moisturisers, like body butters to use post-exercise bathing.

leopard_print

I just got Origins Salt Suds in a gift set (it came w/Incredible Spreadible Scrub & Smoothing Souffle lotion too). Salt Suds is the body wash, and they all have a great cooling, minty scent. I love them after the gym.
Or, if you have a health foods/co-op type place near you, try Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap: it's a concentrated, liquid soap, you can use it on body and hair and for a million other things.

MACreation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
I like to use Philosophy's The Power Shower gel after getting all stinky due to exercise, and then later on, I'll actually have a nice hot soak. That probably doesn't help, but you may want to try? Perhaps you need to get thicker moisturisers, like body butters to use post-exercise bathing.

What's the scent of this? I get enough bitching at my house for taking time away to work out (yikes!) a shower is as much as I can do, soaks are rare in ym home...lol

MACreation

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard_print
I just got Origins Salt Suds in a gift set (it came w/Incredible Spreadible Scrub & Smoothing Souffle lotion too). Salt Suds is the body wash, and they all have a great cooling, minty scent. I love them after the gym.
Or, if you have a health foods/co-op type place near you, try Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap: it's a concentrated, liquid soap, you can use it on body and hair and for a million other things.

This sounds so good! I'm gonna have to look for it
smiles.gif

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACreation
What's the scent of this? I get enough bitching at my house for taking time away to work out (yikes!) a shower is as much as I can do, soaks are rare in ym home...lol

Power Shower is really minty too! Sorry, just reading the Origins post that came after mine.

But the poster ^ has a great rec: Dr Bronner castile soaps in general would be fab for dry skin. And so damn gentle too. Amazing stuff.