Prep + Prime Face and Pore Minimizer

MAC_Whore

This was mentioned in another thread (which is now closed). Do any of you MAC MA dolls know if this is still on the books for a release in April? TIA!

Prep and Prime Face
Release: 4/5/07
SPF 50 sun protecter
Pore Minimizer

MAC_Whore

Thanks!
smiles.gif

I'm looking at it as a primer with sunblock. Technically you could use it as both. I didn't see the Pore Minimizer?? Did that release get pushed back I wonder?

lipshock

My freestanding store has the Prep+Prime display up.

I remember seeing the regular Prep+Prime and the Prep+Prime block with SPF 50, and there was another little bottle along with those but I cannot remember for the life of me what it was.

Hope this helps!

styrch

Quote:
i do believe the pore minimizer is asia only

I dare say there's a good portion of the other half of the world that could do with some pore minimizing as well... I wonder why they aren't selling it here? Certain ingredients?

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by styrch
I dare say there's a good portion of the other half of the world that could do with some pore minimizing as well... I wonder why they aren't selling it here? Certain ingredients?

Amen. Could be ingredients.

Perhaps MAC forgot that people outside of asia have pores as well.
ssad.gif

amoona

We've released it at our counter and from what I've been told the Prep+Prime with SPF50 has an agent in there that works as a pore minimizer. I'll try to remember to ask what it is that works as the pore minimizer.

ellesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Amen. Could be ingredients.

Perhaps MAC forgot that people outside of asia have pores as well.
ssad.gif

There is a larger market for certain products. It's not that they don't realize there's a want for it in other places, but there's not ENOUGH of a want (at least in comparison with these countries). It's the same logic as different fast food menus in different countries by the same company.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellesea
There is a larger market for certain products. It's not that they don't realize there's a want for it in other places, but there's not ENOUGH of a want (at least in comparison with these countries). It's the same logic as different fast food menus in different countries by the same company.

Understood and appreciated, it's just that pretty much everyone wants small pores, not just asians. If that is why MAC isn't releasing it in the US, it is a poor decision on their part, IMO. Of course all of this is just speculation anyway.

stickles

I just tried it last night!

Refined Zone (SG$52) It was just released in Singapore yesterday. Such a tiny squeeze tube for so much money... however, when I tried it, it feels nice and silky (a pretty runny consistency), and leaves a matte-ish finish to the skin. The MAC brand manager for Singapore was chatting to me about it, and says to just use a very little bit on the areas you want to minimize the pores, not over the whole face (because it wouldn't last long if you did, that's for sure!)

I'm thinking about picking this up anyways, but I've just taken a look at how much I've been spending on MAC these days, and I gottttta cut down!

Fairybelle

I have the Prep+Prime SPF 50. While I wouldn't really say it minimizes pores, it does a good job of lightly 'veiling' the skin with a creamy white MU base (a TINY bit thicker than the reg. Prep+Prime, but it absorbs into the skin just as well--looks more like a white lotion, but goes on like the reg. stuff). Does NOT feel heavy, in fact very similar feel as the reg. Prep+Prime. Holds MU on very well, and where I am it is VERY sunny and my skin felt well protected. I thought that the tube was small at first, but like the salesgirl said, you don't need a lot. Just a couple of drops should be adequate. Put on my Studio Fix Fluid foundation over this and it was great--no meltdowns during the day! Hope this helps some of you out who are on the fence about this product. If you love the regular Prep+Prime, this is even better IMHO. Plus, the tube is very chic! HTH!!

MAC_Whore

^ That is spot on in regards to my experiences.

I wish the SPF50 had the small amount of lustre/sparkle that the regular Prep+Prime Face does though. I just use a small amount on the face, but don't feel too bad about it, as I also use:

SPF15 Mineralize Satinfinish and MSF Naturals (which aren't listed as containing an SPF, but do have a TON of titanium dioxide).

SPF15 Studio Moisture Finish lotion under Strobe Cream on the neck and decollatage.

Between all of those products, I am definitely protected.