Quitting caffeine, and/or soda

faifai

Oh man, I remember doing this in high school. Every day at lunch I would get a can of Cherry Coke to go with my meal, just because I didn't feel like having water. Eventually, I was having soda every single day for months of end, when before I'd have it maybe once a month. I also picked up a devilish fondness for Starbucks, which meant having a fatty Frappucino at least once a week, sometimes more often.

It made me feel sluggish and not as healthy as I could be, though. Frappucinos and soda are just calories that aren't helping you in any way (not to mention the fact that an average Frap has several hundred calories with all the whipped cream and syrup and stuff). I slowly kicked the habit (lol) by opting for other drinks. Plus, soda doesn't actually hydrate you anyway, you drink it and then feel thirsty again.

Now I'll have soda/coffee maybe once a month (sometimes even less!) There are so many more refreshing choices I now drink instead. And I feel a lot better and somehow like my system is running better w/out all that caffeine.

Glow

I quit coffee by switching to half decaf half full. And then reduced it to three forths decaf 1/4 full.
and then just eventually stopped because I got used to the decaf and it didn't effect me so I thought why bother drinking it.

mac_goddess

I can stop anytime I want to, but the snarky lil helpless voice in Dr's Pepper's Berries and Cream calls out to me to save it from getting dust mites on it's precious case in the isles.

Satan might have his grips on the Coke and Pepsi fans, but not me!
smiles.gif

Latest posts