Real pigments?

halocaustic

Can anyone with a keener eye tell me if these are real?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NIB-MAC-Multi-...QQcmdZViewItem

It seems this person has a never-ending supply of All Girl and I have to say I'm skeptical. Especially as my mum bought Deckchair from them and it arrived looking fairly genuine but with no sticker on the bottom (there was a deckchair sticker on the outside). I compared it to my Deckchair and it seems identical.... Am I right to be wary?

ExquisiteImages

It's hard to really tell since the picture isn't as close up. I notice the person is located in Hong Kong and half the time that's where replicas come from (for example, those fake LV purses). I wouldn't be surprised if those were fakes though since he has endless supplies of the All-Girl as well as Deckchair, Coco, and Blue Storm.

BadPrincess

It is hard to tell maybe try asking for a closer picture maybe a picture with one jar open etc.. I know I can get some mac that comes with no labels on the bottom & they are real but I'm in NJ. I'd be wary also about anything from hong kong or china.

lianna

It's fake. The box says 2.5g when all pigments are 7.5g and this contradicts what the seller listed down.

halocaustic

Thanks for the posts everyone. I compared a swatch of it with my genuine Deckchair and it is more orangy...I guess one way to find out a for sure is to try it out! Also, the text on the back of the jar is in a slightly different font to the one on the original jar...it's a damn good fake, but I'm pretty sure its fake nontheless....damn rip-off merchants. It also annoys me that people who have bought fakes from her are going on to sell samples!!!!
th_confused_new.gif

ExquisiteImages

Quote:
Originally Posted by halocaustic
Here are some swatches:

Big difference!!!

That's is a hugeee difference. I noticed someone just left a neutral feedback for the seller saying it was FAKE. He issued the buyer a refund, but he still claims it's real. If it's real, why would he issue a refund right away? So that PayPal does not deactivate his account so he can make money off of others that doesn't know while he can
eeksign.gif

ExquisiteImages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Kitten
the seller made his feedback private and it's at 97%.

He made is feedback private since a few days ago, and as of today, 3 negatives. I reported them to eBay so hopefully his listings will be taken down
smiles.gif
. If he gets a lot of negatives, his ebay ID will no longer be registered right?

freyja313

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianna
It's fake. The box says 2.5g when all pigments are 7.5g and this contradicts what the seller listed down.

AWESOME eye on that one!

Less than 98% positive + private FB + Hong Kong = no go.
ONE of those would give me pause; all three are a definite no buy.

bebs

I ored copper from this person and it just came today. and it was fake.. I can take pictures if anybody wants.. but I'm gonna be trying to get a refund here in a few

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianna

All pigments are NOT 7.5g, as explained on the precautions list and in the pigments FAQ. Some jars are indeed 2.5g, mainly the metal pigments.

user6

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
All pigments are NOT 7.5g, as explained on the precautions list and in the pigments FAQ. Some jars are indeed 2.5g, mainly the metal pigments.

As true as this is, the picture shows a 7.5 gram jar and the box says 2.5 gm. So, this is indeed a fake, and btw 2.5 gm are in little vials, I think, so pictures are always a good reference, I hope you guys can get your money back, but I know by experience (I just got ripped off a different seller) that you don't get always get a full refund, not even through paypal!!!! *argh*

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicredfearn
As true as this is, the picture shows a 7.5 gram jar and the box says 2.5 gm. So, this is indeed a fake, and btw 2.5 gm are in little vials, I think, so pictures are always a good reference, I hope you guys can get your money back, but I know by experience (I just got ripped off a different seller) that you don't get always get a full refund, not even through paypal!!!! *argh*

Nope, the 2.5g jars the regular full size jars. As I state in the pigment FAQ:

Quote:
How big is a jar of pigment?
Most pigments contain 7.5 grams of product. Mattes and the PRO line metal pigments contain 2.5 grams. Pigments are packaged according to weight, not volume.

Now, the picturing of a 7.5g jar and a 2.5g box COULD mean something fishy is up, or it could me that- like me- the person keeps old boxes about and re-uses them when origional boxes get buggered and banged up. I know that some people would still consider this "origional box" because it is an official MAC box, though not the one which the pigment origionally came in.

Again- I'm not saying one way or the other on the authenticity of this item, however the content amounts shown are both legitimate amounts for that size jar.

I bought Deckchair from this seller, and it is definitely a fake. My experience with swatching is identical to the genuine-vs-fake swatches shown above. Grrrrrrrrrrr. When I emailed them the response was like "oops, here I'll give you a refund, but not until Friday when I have some $$$ in my PayPal account". And that was two weeks ago. No refund yet, nor any response to subsequent emails. Or in other words, "blow her off and get on with selling fakes to other people who don't know any better". Spewin'.

One ebay report coming right up.