Recs for 40-Something E/S?

cinlo

I'm finding as I get older I prefer shades that are not overly shimmery. I'm NW20, dark blonde hair with hi-lites, & blue eyes. Do you have any recs for some neutral, less shimmery or glittery shades to try. I don't mind some color shades thrown in, too. Thanks!

anita22

For a lid shade, MAC Grain is very nice (and often overlooked, I think). It's a nude with a satin finish, so it just has a hint of shimmer.

I also love Vanilla, Soft Brown, Brun and Shadowy Lady, all basically matte neutrals.

iluvmac

Grain, Shroom, Blanc Type, Vanilla as highlighters. Neutrals: Cork, Swiss Chocolate, Handwritten, Soft Brown, Tete-a-Tint. Colors: Fig.1, Prussian, Velvet Moss.

ThePowderPuff

Fig. 1 is just my favorite matte eyeshadow. Such a beautifull plum colour. Copperplate is also great. A universally flattering brownish grey.

martiangurll

Shroom, Omega, Kid, Soba, Cork, Patina, Wedge, Copperplate, Handwritten, Trax, Arena, Naked Lunch, Phloff, Knight Divine, Carbon

All are neutrals with a hint of shimmer or matte shades for me

Colors with less sparkle:

Fig, Haux, Hepcat, Sumptious Olive, Electric Eel, Humid

Meisje

It would be beautiful to do something like Mylar (Satin finish) or Blanc Type (Matte finish) on the lid and on tear ducts and up to the brow with the lashes thickened with a warm brown pushed into some dark eyeliner on the upper lid. Add mascara.

I like to do a "healthy flushed face" that includes an eye like the above, a bright blush and a berry lipgloss. It's a very awake sort of look!

Leven

Don't forget Woodwinked =] I use it all the time when I do my moms makeup, and she loves it. So soft, so pigmented, and great for night and day.

If you are scared of shimmer because you think it will make any fine lines more noticeable , i wouldn't worry, I think thats just a big myth. With your blue eyes, Woodwinked will really make them pop.