Shiny Face - How to Combat ? What Worked For You?

joey_zane

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbroski1
Blot comes in 5 Colors: light, medium, medium dark, dark & deep dark.
example...I'm an NW 15. I wear light and in summer medium.
Your color will be the one you can't see on the surface of your skin.
Blot was made for frequent touch-ups. The product contains Mica and Silica to adsorb oils and reduce shine.

I'm NC 20 so would I be light or medium?

I have been using blotting paper hroughout the day which works pretty well, but I like the sound of this powder...

sillymoo

I have to agree with those that have recommended the Blot Powder - i couldn't live without it now!

banana

The only thing that works for me are blotting sheets. But I found it was too much work so I just live with it and avoid using too many glowy products at once because my face is already shiny.

SOLO x STAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_zane
Quote:
Blot was made for frequent touch-ups. The product contains Mica and Silica to adsorb oils and reduce shine.

I have been using blotting paper hroughout the day which works pretty well, but I like the sound of this powder...

Try light for now. If you tan during the summer switch to medium.
th_wink3.gif

Shantih

Just a quick update.

I've tried the Mylanta thing (like Milk of Magnesia) but that didn't really do anything except make some areas kinda streaky even after letting it fully dry
th_confused_new.gif

Benefit's Dr. Feel Good is awsome as a primer! I've also used Mehron's stage makeup as suggested and this stuff is FANTASTIC. I tested it on a humid day (92% humidity) and although my skin did get the shinies after about 4 hours it was considerably less than what it usually gets on non-humid days! I tested it since then and am really impressed with it.

I'm yet to test Smashbox's antishine compact as well as a setting powder by ProFace which has an antiperspirant in it. Not sure how great this would be for pores but would be a live saver for those special occassions where flawless complexions are a MUST!

Thanks heaps for all the suggestions everyone
smiles.gif

devilzwind

welcome to specktra! what works for me is clean & clear blotting sheets, clinique pore minimizer, and MAC blot powder

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_zane
Quote:

I'm NC25 and I use Medium. You can prob. go either way. Go to the counter & see which one melts into your skin better.

stevoulina

I've heard that MAC Blot Powder does wonders at keeping the oilies away!I've also heard many raves about Clean & Clear Oil Blotting Tissues!Why don't you give them a try?
th_wink3.gif
I will really soon! 8)

mrs_livingstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantih
Hi Everyone!

I've just found this site and I'm so impressed with the FOTD pics ! How gorgeous and talented are you guys!!!!

I was wondering if anyone here had experience combating an oily appearance? I find that about 2 hours after applying my makeup if I get even flustered my skin becomes really shiny. I'm not sure how to combat this - I'm using an oil free makeup and setting powder but still get the shiny face.
ssad.gif
(

Would really appreciate anyone's advice or some similiar experiences and what worked for you guys.
smiles.gif

i have exactly the same problem with u before this but not now anymore.
since i found BE minerals veil.Its really worth buy makeup.blots the shine and give u a fresh look all day!
thmbup.gif

stevoulina

Today I got MAC Blot Powder in Medium and Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets in my hands!I haven't used the powder yet,but the sheets ROCK!!!!The sheet removed all of my oilies,leaving my face fresh and clean!!!
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif

Sushi_Flower

Blot Powder is amazing, i used it in Dubais 40 degrees heat recently and i touched up with it so many times but always looked fresh and shine free.

almondeyez81

Try C.O. Bigelow extra light face lotion at Bath and Body Works it has something in it that makes your face matte.

Glitziegal

I am very oily/shiny I use BE Mineral veil and it keeps me shine free for about 9 hours. The first and only thing ever to work on me. I tried MAC matte but it didn't work for me (although that may be an application problem)
oh.gif
ops:

Shantih

Thanks for all the replies!!
smiles.gif
)

I've just purchased some BE Mineral Veil - will have to see how it goes!
I've been using Jurilque's Rose Silk Dust and this stuff is so so nice. Will continue with this is the mineral veil doesn't do it for me.
smiles.gif

ChrisKsAngel

Quote:
In Australia a lot of the girls here swear by Mylanta or Milk of Magnesia - they're antacids believe it or not! They use it as a primer and reckons it really helps with oily skin. Gotta wonder if there's anything in there that could be bad for skin though :/

OMG, I tried this after having it recommended to me by several people. I have combo skin (oil in the T-zone), but this summer heat is making me more oily. Anyways, it burned me!!! My skin around my chin and nose is now peeling and really red. I look like I have a really bad sunburn. It may be alright if you have really oily skin to use as a mask and leave on for just a few minutes.