Smokey Eyes. What MAC shadows to use to get this look?

SexyKitty

I really like this look. What can I use to get this smokey eye look? What MAC shadows and type of liner? Can you tell me where to apply each shade also. I love the smokey eye look but Im not the best at doing it and blending it. I use MAC brushes too. Thanks so much in advance!

SexyKitty

Re: Smokey Eyes. What to use to get this look?

Ive been using Shale and Shadowy Lady. Shale on lid and Shadowy Lady in outer corner. I don't know why but I have a hard time making Shale show up. I use Untitled as a base and when I put Shale over it I cant really see Shale to well so I find Im putting so much of it on. Should I try a shade stick or another type of paint as a base and maybe then the Shale will show up more? What am I doing wrong? What else could I use other then Shale that goes well with Shadowy Lady? I put Shadowy Lady in corner and blend with my MAC blending brush but I cant seem to blend it that good. Help!

Bonitinha

You can take this picture in and ask a MAC artist how to replicate the look. I've done this a few times and they've always done a great job. You could even just schedule an eye demo (not sure if there is a minimum purchase?).

When I use Shale, I have to pack it on using the 239 brush (I usually use Painterly as a base).

It almost looks like she's using blue grey shades in the pic -- you could try colors like Scene, Print, and Typographic. Have fun experimenting
smiles.gif

SexyKitty

Thank you Bonitinha
smiles.gif

That's a good idea taking the pic into the MAC people. I'm sure they could do it just like this.

Teacakeanyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyKitty
Ive been using Shale and Shadowy Lady. Shale on lid and Shadowy Lady in outer corner. I don't know why but I have a hard time making Shale show up. I use Untitled as a base and when I put Shale over it I cant really see Shale to well so I find Im putting so much of it on. Should I try a shade stick or another type of paint as a base and maybe then the Shale will show up more? What am I doing wrong? What else could I use other then Shale that goes well with Shadowy Lady? I put Shadowy Lady in corner and blend with my MAC blending brush but I cant seem to blend it that good. Help!

I agree. I bought Shale because of all the wonderful reviews, etc. I oscillate between it being okay to wishing I could return it. I'm very fair, however normally that means shadows show up more on me, not less. And I get next-to-nothing color payoff on this shadow. Then I watch YouTube videos where people with darker complexions make this look over the moon beautiful.
ssad.gif
Not fair.

AdlersMommy22

i think smut is a great dupe for the main dark color... all over the lid and underneath... and maybe shroom as the highlight .... smolder eye liner as well blended out on top with a 219 brush.

SexyKitty

Thanks AdlersMommy. Ive heard alot of people say they use Smut.

Teacakeanyone: I know its frustrating. I'm not even pale because I tan but I just have a hard time with it. Pretty shade though.

PinkBasset

I agree with Bonitinha, for that look you need neutral to cool greys. Print is excellent, Soot could fit too, Scene could be the blending colour and Typographic to darken and define . There's blue on the inner lid, so maybe something like Freshwater blended really well with the grey could work. For example Blacktrack fluidline/Smolder eye khol/Graphblack Technakohl to do the lining.
smiles.gif

marusia

Kid for highlight, shale, shadowy lady, and carbon. That's my 4 piece palette for smoking out.
yes.gif

my personal favorite smokey eye is using bare canvas as a base and then pretty much packing on satin taupe with my 217 and then blending it upwards into my crease. then i use smut, which again can be used on a 217 but i prefer a 272 type brush, and deepen up the outer corner and my crease. i use brulé to blend it all out with my 224 and then apply mylar with my 224 just under my brow for added highlight. i also use shroom on my 219 and highlight my tear duct. for eyeliner i use blacktrack fluidline on my 209 but then i use smut on my 219 and smudge the liner and it makes it really soft and smokey. finally, just a little black mascara and you're done!
greengrin.gif

mac_addict.gif