Sugar daddy/mama and Sugar babys?

X4biddenxLustX

I was watching tv several nights ago and came across a special on 20/20 I believe, on this website: Free Sugar Daddy Dating & Sugar Baby Personals. It's a site where basically girls/guys go on and meet wealthy men/woman. For the most part the site isn't used to find romance but instead set up arrangements where basically the wealthier person becomes a sugar daddy/mama to the other person.

One of the woman who had been interveiwed on the special received a new car as a gift from one of the men she was talking to! She was asked of course if there was any sex involved between her and the man who bought her the car. Her answer was no but really who knows since she was on national tv admitting to being on the site and having sugar daddies. Other woman were reported to have been given a very generious allowance every since mouth and even having rent paid out every month for a very nice condo. The woman were also taken out for very nice dinners at expensive restaurants and got to go on shopping sprees. Another woman even ended up working at her rich sugar daddy's office as a receptionist I believe? There were also sugar daddies who ended up become very good friends with the woman and even being their "mentor". Again some woman have claimed that they have no had sex with their sugardaddies in return for all of these types of things. But obviously in other cases sex was involved in order for the sugar babies to get all these accomodations.

My question for all my specktraettes, is what are your thoughts on this? Would you do it? Would you not? What about if didn't or did involve sex with your wealthy benefactor?

eh, I don't think so. Rarely if ever is a gift given without something expected in return, especially from someone seeking a "romantic" situation. AND, wouldn't it be much more rewarding to do for yourself? That's my perspective on the issue.

gildedangel

Meh, that's not how I roll. I personally will take a meaningful relationship with a poor man over a rich man that I only wanted money from. Not my thing, but I don't care if others do it.

xsnowwhite

it would be tempting, if no sex were involved, but I have a hard time accepting gifts especially if they're really extravagent or not on my birthday or soemthing.

lovelydisarray

Oh wow, I agree with others, gifts such as those are hard to come by without having done something in return. It makes me wonder. But say they are telling the truth, and they have done nothing in return for that person, how could they not feel like they are using them? I mean, I guess that is what the site is all about, but personally, I would feel bad about that.

X4biddenxLustX

I was in quite a hurry when I made the first post on here about this. But here are my thoughts on it.

To be completely honest, I would definitely do something like this. Whether or not I'd have sex with my sugar daddy, I can't really say I would or wouldn't. Before everyone who disagrees with this starts throwing stones at me, I don't really see anything wrong with it. As long as it's always clear what the intentions of both parties is. This way there are no emotions involved, no one gets hurt or misleaded. You know what the other person wants and expects of you and vice versa.

Plus it would be very nice getting to go out to expensive restaurants and going out and doing things that you normally can't do cause you can't afford to do them. Shopping sprees, trips to the spa. What women wouldn't enjoy those things? Especially if expenses were paid on behalf of someone else.

Some of the people who go on these sites actually end up together. First it starts at as a sugar daddy type of a thing, then friendship, and then more. So I guess it can't be all that bad after all. I personally would just want nothing beyond friendship with the men I met.

Half N Half

I don't think there is anything wrong with it if both parties are in agreement. You can't really say either person is using the other because the man is getting what he wants (the company of a beautiful woman, sex, whatever) and the woman is getting shopping sprees and all kinds of fun gifts. It's like a normal relationship with more of a business vibe. A "real" relationship is pretty much the same thing, minus the love, if you think about it...your man is there for companionship, comfort, sex and I'm sure he's spending SOME kind of money on you
smiles.gif
And in turn you treat him well...same thing, less "businessy".

S.S.BlackOrchid

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs0lutelyfab
eh, I don't think so. Rarely if ever is a gift given without something expected in return, especially from someone seeking a "romantic" situation.

Exactly. And it's even more challenging when you are in a relationship with someone who solves problems by throwing money at it and expecting it to go away because they are uncomfortable with even the slightest friction.

OneDollarBuddha

I probably would. I'm young, and while I'm in a relationship now.. I wouldn't rule out a situation like this in the future. I don't always date in hopes of finding my soul mate, just having fun. So as long as you and the guy enjoy each others company, why not?

kaliraksha

I don't think I would ever specifically seek out a sugar daddy. However, if I found myself in a situation where we were mutually benefiting each other and no one was getting hurt including myself and him I could see myself being open to it.

I've definitely dated guys who felt like they could buy you stuff or take you out to make up for lack of a relationship.... this would just be a more agreeable situation, because I would know the terms and conditions.

I've always chosen love over companionship, sex or things, but I think it's perfectly normal to not always be looking for love. Not all relationships need to be based on love.

LMD84

i don't think i could do it. i don't see any wrong in it if both people are happpy with the situation. but i would rather have a proper loving releationship than material things and holidays. while you were with that person you could find the love of your life but miss it because you were involved in an arrangemnet. but each to their own!

miss sha

As someone who 1) has never been in a relationship, 2) is very solitary and isn't sure if actually being in a relationship is even plausible with my personality type, 3) friggin' loves to shop, I would totally do this. I honestly find Ron White dead sexy so it's possible I'd find the potential sugar daddy attractive.
lol.gif

Temptasia

To me, it's the same as prostitution. The small difference is that the professionals probably know their worth a little more. Pros aren't cheap so why not target naive amateurs? These wealthy people aren't so dumb after all. I would bet in most cases, these people are still married with children. Would you u really want to be a part of it? Do people really think these wealthy individuals don't come with some sort of baggage or issues?

Hell, even in romantic relationships people sell themselves (body, mind, time) for love or being loved back.

We are all involved in prostitution in some form or another. Perhaps that is why it still exists and in some cases, acceptable.

dulcekitty

I've been offered Sugar Daddy type relationships before and always turned it down. Not because I think it's wrong, but I get a lot of satisfaction out of working hard for something. Sometimes it's tempting to accept because of money issues but I know I'd always feel indebted because of my values and that's a terrible feeling.

I also think the stuff you receive would mean less and be less enjoyable because there was no pain involved in getting it. The only way you can really love being happy is when you've felt sadness.
smiles.gif

Latest posts