The Return of Milani Luminous - with comparison swatches

Scherzade

Milani has re-released Luminous blush! After a fashion.

Forgive me if I put this in the wrong place - should it be in reviews?

--
In the pictures, N means new, O means old. I did this so I would remember when I uploaded the pictures.

mil_lum3.jpg

The new pot is about 1.5x bigger with a double compact - there's a mirror under the pan now.
Old luminous weight = 0.097 oz / New luminous weight = 0.155 oz / Hipness weight = 0.21 oz
It is about the size of a MAC blush pan, give or take an eighth of an inch.

mil_lum4.jpg

You can't really see the ingredient list, but it's long, and the ingredients are similar. Essentially, "mineral blush <i>my butt!</i>" Lots of parabens and stearates, same as the old.

mil_lum-old.jpg

My old pan looks a bit ugly because it's well used and has been used wet before. Sorry.

mil_lum-new.jpg

Doesn't look too different in the pot. Well, it looks newer. I'll fix that soon enough.

mil_lum1.jpg

Ahh... yes. New Luminous is much pinker than the old when heavily applied on the paper, only slightly pinker when applied with a brush.

mil_lum2.jpg

Swatched heavily on skin (NW20) with a brush. New luminous is just slightly pinker.

Summary: Bigger pan, useless mirror, why are they calling this 'mineral' blush, looks the same in the pan, new blush swatches pinker on paper, swatches almost the same on skin.

Verdict: If you like old luminous, it's close enough. If you wish luminous were slightly pinker, it's perfect. For $5.50, it's still a good duplicate of NARS Orgasm blush.

Dreamergirl3

sweet! My old Luminous fell and shattered so I'll be sure to check out the new one for sure!

Kinda bugs me that it's less 'peachy' than before, but overall the difference seems slight...can't wait to pick it up!

ETA: Just bought the new version, and I love it! The peachiness is still there, much to my delight! I also believe the color payoff is way better than the old version. I'm a happy camper! Off to collect the other colors
smiles.gif