• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

The Simple and Pretty Look (my 1st tutorial)

Dark_Phoenix

Neutrals, nuts and preeettttyyy!!!
A tutorial on how to do natural looking make-up. Eyes are uncomplicated and no major contouring (if any).

product.jpg

Foundation:
Prescriptives Liquid Touch Compact Make-Up - Warm Cream 01

Concealer:
Mally Cancellation Concealer System - Light

Powder:
Prescriptives Magic Loose Powder - Translucent

Blush:
Nars - Orgasm

Shadow Base
Neutrogena Eye Tints - Petal Shimmer

Brows:
Maybelline Great Lash - Clear

Eye Shadow:
Clinique High Impact Eye Shadow- Angelfood (lightest)
MAC Eye Shadow - Vanilla
MAC Eye Shadow - Cork

Lips:
MAC Lipglass - Beaute

Mascara:
Maybelline Last Discovery - Black

Tools:
Shu Uemura - Nickel Edition
Large Shadow Brush (Hana K.)
MaxFactor Lash Comb
Cheek Blending Brush (Hana K.)

Liner:
Maybelline Great Wear Waterproof Pencil - Espresso

STEP 1:
tutorial00.jpg

Aren't shmexy in this pic?... anyways, wash your face, apply moisturizer, and strike a pose.

STEP 2:
tutorial2.jpg

Use light concealer to apply to problem areas (mine are zit scars, brow bone <I'm really pale so you see veins>, and undereyes)

STEP 3:
tutorial3.jpg

Blend

STEP 4:
tutorial4.jpg

Apply foundation, blending into the hairline and jawline. I blend some under my chin near the junction w/ my neck... because there can be lines there too. Do not pile it on. Give a thin, even coating and lightly pat over concealer areas.
The thing you have to know about foundation for this look is that is MUST be super uber greasy/creamy. Hyperreal and the Prescriptives one I used are both creamy/greasy... this makes them thinner when applied lightly with a sponge.
tutorial5.jpg

some of my zits are still a bit see through... I don't want to look like pancake face though...

STEP 5:
tutorial6.jpg

Apply Petal Shimmer... spreading from lashline to near browbone but don't disrupt the foundation.

STEP 6:
tutorial7.jpg

Apply Angelfood to all over eye area and near bridge but not too much. This stuff is matte and pretty light so it'll get rid of shine and looks a bit brighter then usual skin color.

STEP 7:
tutorial8.jpg

Apply Vanilla to lid, and then a light amount of Cork over it. Why only the lid? Because shiny/shimmer is not very natural... The Cork mattifies the Vanilla so it isn't terribly shimmery.
tutorial9.jpg

simple and well blended between crease+browbone+lid... and yeah, you'll need to blend to death

STEP 8:
tutorial10.jpg

Take your Orgasm Blush and give it one stroke and then blow it off... we don't need alot of blush. Apply lightly to apples of cheeks and then blend with fingertips.
tutorial11.jpg

STEP 9:
tutorial12.jpg

Use Magic powder and spread lightly all over except for eye area. Remember to apply near neck and hairline too.

STEP 10:
tutorial13.jpg

Line eyes with Espresso... also remember to blend this into lash line. No wings or anything fancy... lined enough to give some definition.
tutorial14.jpg

STEP 11:
tutorial15.jpg

Use clear mascara to brush brows into a neat shape. Brows should look like you have them when you wake up, except a wee bit straighter.

STEP 12:
tutorial16.jpg

Curl lashes for 5-10 seconds each.

STEP 13:
tutorial17.jpg

Apply Lash Discovery to lashes, only one coat and gently move the brush back and forth so you get all the lashes (I love this stuff because the brush is sooo tiny you get every little baby lash).

STEP 14:
peace.png

Apply Beaute (omg, I love this stuff, it's the perfect peach/pink on me).
And look awesome.

Thanks for reading + my first tutorial ^.^

user79

Can I give you some helpful advice? Please don't take this the wrong way...The foundation you are using is entirely the wrong shade for you. You have pink undertones and the foundation you are using has yellow tones and is too dark. You should get propperly colour matched for a foundation.

If you don't know how, you take a Q-tip and dip into a foundation that you feel is right. Swab it gently on your jaw bone. Maybe try this with 3 or 4 different foundations. Look at it in natural daylight. The right foundation is the one that you can't see on your face.

Also, you can use a foamy cosmetic brush or a face brush to blend the foundation, using your fingertips makes it a bit splotchy and uneven and you can see parts where it's not blended well.

I hope you don't mind my critiques, this is only meant to be helpful. Thank you for submitting a tutorial.
smiles.gif

Dark_Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Can I give you some helpful advice? Please don't take this the wrong way...The foundation you are using is entirely the wrong shade for you. You have pink undertones and the foundation you are using has yellow tones and is too dark. You should get propperly colour matched for a foundation.

If you don't know how, you take a Q-tip and dip into a foundation that you feel is right. Swab it gently on your jaw bone. Maybe try this with 3 or 4 different foundations. Look at it in natural daylight. The right foundation is the one that you can't see on your face.

Also, you can use a foamy cosmetic brush or a face brush to blend the foundation, using your fingertips makes it a bit splotchy and uneven and you can see parts where it's not blended well.

I hope you don't mind my critiques, this is only meant to be helpful. Thank you for submitting a tutorial.
smiles.gif

This one was bought on impulse at an Estee Lauder outlet. Hence, no color match (it's a half-shade darker I know... my neck is darker then my face so I tried to get a darker shade, I guess it backfired here).

I've been color matched before and if the foundation has a pink undertone I think it looks like I have rosecea and I can't wear blush (looks dirty), or pink eyeshadow (resembles a rabbit). I usually go for neutrals that are borderline white (Clinique's become too dark for me and it was my fave). The MAC ones I have are almost all too heavy on the skin and pancake-y although I know they're the right color.

I didn't use my fingers in this except for some of the blush. The foundation was applied w/ a sponge.

nivea

Misschevious you read in my head
I totally agree with you
the fondation isn't the right shade...
It's really a good advice she gave you :dance:

janelle811

I agree that the foundation isn't the right shade for you either.

But I like the whole look overall, and it looks like you had fun doing it too
smiles.gif

alaylam

You look like you have pretty pale skin in your first picture without any makeup. I am pale, and just bought a new foundation the other day, thought I'd try the Physician's Formula liquid mineral foundation. I aboslutely love it. Maybe you should try it? It goes on really smoothly with the built-in sponge, isn't cakey at all, has great coverage, and is pretty cheap!! If you're looking to get something new I'd really recommend it.

I like neutral makeup!! So good job on the tut. And I also really like that lip colour on you. You're so cute!
greengrin.gif

sewprecocious

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous

smiles.gif

i have to say i agree with her on the foundation. i noticed it right away! and you have lovvvveelly skin, so you should totally get someone to help you match yourself, or do as she described above!!

but seriously, lovely m/u job. that lip color is amazing on you xxo

Reevka

This is an awesome tutorial, you're very pretty, but i think your foundation is the wrong shade for you. Try some mineral make up ! It looks more natural, and it's better for the skin.

gator_tots

I have the same problemo with clinique - love it but it's all too dark/orangey for me
ssad.gif
Love your lippy color!