Traffic Stopping Clomplaint Topic.

Indian Barbie

Anybody else have to do this a lot? I work for Benefit in one of the most quietest shops in the world, I get hardly any customers, I really have to go all the way to the other side of the shop (and shoptimes outside)to find them. 99% of which are never interested!

Tubachick02

have your friends brin friends that they know and you don't, every woman should own benetint for home and purse, even collage students, and try carrying the benetint/gloss combo stick with you to do mini shows

TheManda

At Estee Lauder we had to do it too! It's soooo embarassing...we had to go toother floors of the store too...I'm so glad i'm done with that!

Naked Lunch

I just started working for benefit and this is what they are all about. It's pretty embarrassing since no one ever stops. I'm pretty sure my counters total sales for the 4th of july was $88. SLOWEST COUNTER EVER.

MisStarrlight

I have severe (self-diagnosed, of course) social anxiety...if I ever had to do this I would quit on the spot. We once had to pass out fliers for an event & I made one of my co-workers come w/ me & hand them out cause I just...couldn't do it.

giz2000

I had a hookup with Benefit before I went to MAC...when I found out that you had to stop people and get them into the chair, I absolutely refused to do that and went to work with MAC instead. I am not about the hard sell at all...

ms.marymac

I would hate to have to do that-I would feel like one of those annoying mall kiosk people that yell at you and try to chase you down so they can sell you a phone or put some lotion on you.

The only thing I can suggest is to try and lure them in with samples.

aw dude! well if you're not comfortable then you're not comfortable. still you'll be able to get a job at some other counter so fingers crossed it works out better for you
smiles.gif

MisStarrlight

We had to traffic stop today cause it was super slow...and then I got shit because I wasn't putting in enough of an effort. I was going to cry & throw up all at the same time & seriously considered quitting. If I wanted to work for Macy's & traffic stop I would have applied for Chanel.

VioletB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManda
At Estee Lauder we had to do it too! It's soooo embarassing...we had to go toother floors of the store too...I'm so glad i'm done with that!

Haha I work for Lauder too and at training they always say "If there is a breathing body in the store there is a customer!! Go offer them a 'free gift' of foundation!" It's not so bad though it actually makes the time go by when you are slow and if walk by the shoe department you can walk even slower on your way back to the counter
smiles.gif

shorty

I worked for Benefit too, Its hard work traffic stopping, I went on a management training day and they were asking us to go back to our counters and make the girls DANCE! I swear, dance and say the new line for the new product... absolutely NOT!! I hated it, all the gimmicks and begging people to sit down... Didnt last long...

glamdoll

The way I see it, is some people have it, others just don't. If you dont feel comfortable talking to people, pulling them in, or trying to introduce them to your product, then Benefit is not the job for you.

I dont work for Benefit, but I did on call for them, cus I am on call cosmetics for Macy's and its really fun. I love talking to people and telling them about the products. Most people haven't heard of Benefit, because they dont advertise as much as other lines.

but yeah. if You aren't comfortable doing that, dont waste your time. Benefit and traffic stop go hand in hand. Ive had to go all the way to Juniors clothing and pull people. The brow bar helps alot!