true red e/s

Sanne

I want a true red e/s, does anyone know any? the fisish should be matte or close to satin from MAC.

TIA!

martygreene

I know Ben Nye at least used to have one, not sure if they still do. I know many stores sell their blushes under the guise of eyeshadow- not good.

I know that a few "gothic" brands of makeup make reds, as well as Anna Sui.

Sanne

great thanks, I just looked at Anna sui, is that red nr400 a true red or a fuchsia-red?

I know I can also use a cheap H&M eyeshadow, but the pigmentation is crappy!

kensbarbie1017

I'm pretty sure thats not FDA approved for the eye area and thats why theres not many. Thats just what i heard though lol. Ben Nye does have one, and MAC red matte pigment, but that cant be used on the eyes. I read hot topic carries red shadows.

Sanne

I want to use it for my eyes, I guess I'll just get the H&M one, because all the others aren't available in the Netherlands

EDIT: I found a red from biotherm!!

mspixieears

Some others you might like to consider - Urban Decay's Jezebel though sadly discontinued but still obtainable, and NARS Red Lizard. Both are matte and creamy. I have Jezebel - it looks like it would turn fuchsia, but to others that have seen it, it does apparently pass the true red test.

EDIT: Duh, I'm so dumb, thought it was red l/s not eyeshadow. Sorry!

flo

I'm pretty sure Kryolan makes a real red.

But its stage makeup so I wouldn't recommend using it every day
smiles.gif

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo
I'm pretty sure Kryolan makes a real red.

But its stage makeup so I wouldn't recommend using it every day
smiles.gif

Kryolan makes a small-pot of red pressed powder, which is often sold as eyeshadow, however the color and product code for this item lists as a dry rouge in their catalogs.

I'm looking into the discrepency at the moment.

Sanne

I have it now, but I kinda don't like it (I saw jokers_kick's picture
greengrin.gif
) I'll might just try the rainbow look w/ it too...

mac_obsession

Isnt Mac Red Pigment eye safe? I know blood red or true red wasnt but I thought the original was...I may be mistaken.
*start rant
I do know that my father is a chemist and an environmental engineer (hazmat type of stuff) and that the most dangerous chemical spills are always red or like aqua blue...He always told me not to use products with red dye but I never listened..
But in comparing the 2 spills I saw, that were controlled by my fathers company, both were tankers and spilt on roadsides, one blue, one red, the red covered ducks and a pond and all the ducks died, and the blue one also covered some ducks and birds and they survived...Guess it depends on the chemical &/or dye too :\
*end rant

princess_jenilee

I second flammable paint! I think it looks sexy and dramatic. i like to use it on my bottom lid with a smoky look with carbon on the top.

mspixieears

Ok, I have a real suggestion now - NARS Emmanuelle e/s? It reminds me of MAC Flammable paint, but it's powder.

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
Ok, I have a real suggestion now - NARS Emmanuelle e/s? It reminds me of MAC Flammable paint, but it's powder.

NARS Emmanuelle is a red-coral on.

Trucco's Ruby Slippers from the Velvet Ice collection is a pretty bright red. If you use it dry, it does look slightly pink; but if you use it wet, it's more of a true red. You could layer Ruby Slippers over MAC Flammable paint to make a true red.

I'll take a pic of them on my hand to see if it works...