Weight Loss Challenge #2/ What are you doing rop

glamella

as part of diet/exercise?

I have started doing a lot of classes at my gym. I always did machines, so I was too comforatable in my routine. I am seeing some results already in just 2 weeks.

Diet hasn't been as successful, but I am slowly reducing the daily sugary goodness intake.

user3

Just trying to ride my bike more and add extra routines into my house cleaning.

Staying away from sweets.

user4

trying to get my butt to the gym... i went yesterday and i felt so good... so i'm going to try to go 3-4x a week!!!

jokers_kick

running! Its by far the best weight loss tool I've tried. It gets me toned up and jump starts my metabolism.

jokers_kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxychika1014
trying to get my butt to the gym... i went yesterday and i felt so good... so i'm going to try to go 3-4x a week!!!

try not to go anymore than that. Most people will recommend 3 times a week, because if you go any more than that it could actually be detrimental(sp?) to your muscles and cause break-down rather than build-up.

glamella

I just want to know why I love sweets so much. I can go year w/o touching chips or other salty junk food.

x20Deepx

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamella
I just want to know why I love sweets so much. I can go year w/o touching chips or other salty junk food.

I'm just the reverse. I can't stop eating chips and fried chicken and yummy salty goodness, but I can easily refrain from sweets.

tracie

I remember in my psychology class a year or so ago talking about people who really like salty foods are more likely to have been born to mothers who experienced a lot of morning sickness. I thought that was interesting. I personally, have a major sweet tooth but I also grew up with my real mom baking cakes/cookies for a living and having that stuff readily available, its more a habit (really bad one at that) for me now than anything.

IslandGirl77

That's crazy about the kids liking salt. I had bad morning sickness and my kids love salty stuff! They even like spicy.

Anyhoo...I need help ya'll! I just started working at Time Warner cable part time. So I go to work at 5:30. And all through the day I'm cleaning and then I cook dinner and get ready. I sometimes get lunch, but not always. By the time I finish everything I don't have time to eat dinner. I get off at 9 and don't want to eat late at night. Anybody have any suggestions. I'm trying to find a routine. I need some help, so I can still stay on the healthy path. :confused: Oh, and the only thing they'll let us eat at our desk is chips, or something like that.

kaliraksha

I want to join! this is more like open admission, right? I'm starting South Beach diet this Monday with my boyfriend. I think I will go look at gyms on Monday.

Cyn

I'm eating better, but I get bad cravings when I'm having bad days. I'm taking a dance class 3 times a week, one hour.

.nicole.

I got to the gym 5 days a week, Mon-Fri. ... Mon & Wed: Upper Body abs, back, Tues & Thurs: legs, back, abs. Friday : 2 hours of nothing but cardio (bike, treadmill, stair stepper, jump rope)

since i recently moved out of my parents (i'm 20) and living with my b/f we're buying a lot less junk food and a lot more healthy stuff so when we snack its not on a bunch of crap.

The first week of working out I dropped 7 pounds, so now i'm 118. I'm working towards 105. I know that sounds really low but i'm only 5'2" and for my build that isn't that low, i use to be steady at 110 and still had chub..

.nicole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl77
That's crazy about the kids liking salt. I had bad morning sickness and my kids love salty stuff! They even like spicy.

Anyhoo...I need help ya'll! I just started working at Time Warner cable part time. So I go to work at 5:30. And all through the day I'm cleaning and then I cook dinner and get ready. I sometimes get lunch, but not always. By the time I finish everything I don't have time to eat dinner. I get off at 9 and don't want to eat late at night. Anybody have any suggestions. I'm trying to find a routine. I need some help, so I can still stay on the healthy path. :confused: Oh, and the only thing they'll let us eat at our desk is chips, or something like that.

If you go to Albertsons or a Safeway, you can buy already prepackaged fruit trays, or veggie trays. They have them in personal size so its not like you're buying a part size. Or you can always Buy the fruit you like, make a smoothie before you go to work so you have something to keep you going, and make little snacks. Not sure if you have a fridge at work because I know a lot of stuff wont' stay well w/out it being cold. Also I've begun to love granola bars and you can always go healthy with the baked chips, the BBQ are the best!

orodwen

this is my routine every other day UNLESS i am having back trouble or a seasonal (migraine level pain sometimes) headache.

1 set each (starting point):
50 crunches
50 leg lift
50 of a hybrid push-up/cobra position
50 modified broomstick twist
50 buttock lift (more of a glut crunch which lifts the butt rather than a full-blown lift)

IslandGirl77

Quote:
Originally Posted by .nicole.
If you go to Albertsons or a Safeway, you can buy already prepackaged fruit trays, or veggie trays. They have them in personal size so its not like you're buying a part size. Or you can always Buy the fruit you like, make a smoothie before you go to work so you have something to keep you going, and make little snacks. Not sure if you have a fridge at work because I know a lot of stuff wont' stay well w/out it being cold. Also I've begun to love granola bars and you can always go healthy with the baked chips, the BBQ are the best!

Thanks for the advice...I didn't think to try that.

Latest posts