What makeup/skincare items do u have that u cant live w/out

Hi! I'm sorta new to the board...I usually just read alot of the posts...I LOVE this website! My name is Jessica and I live in Pennsylvania. LOL sorry, just typing whatever comes to mind!!
lol.gif
So what is everyone's must-have items???

Also, I've really been thinking about ordering from the Biotherm website since alot of people seem to be loving that line. I am in desperate need of new skincare since my current one (Arbonne) doesnt seem to be working. My skin is combo and acne prone...can ne1 recommend (from Biotherm) a good cleanser, toner, acne treatment, and moisturizer?? ne other recs??

thanx! this is such an awesome website!

Alex

Hi Jessica,

I've never used biotherm so I can't help you out there. But if I recall correctly I think PrettyKitty works there so hopefully she'll reply to your post!

I use LUSH skincare and the Imperialis moisturizer is the best I've ever found for true combination skin.

Good luck!

odium

i was combination skin, tried alot of products, even went to the doctor to try and get rid of the sporadic acne i had on my face. finally on a whim i decided to try proactiv and my face has NEVER been this clear before. i seriously get excited to wash my face now. haha.

so i use the proactiv system to wash my face, but i use nars essential vitamen serum for around my eye area.

glittergoddess27

Hmm,.. ya know,... I am not really a big fan of Mary Kay in any other aspect,... but their skincare line is pretty darned good if you do the whole thing,...

I do the 3in1 cleanser, the age fighting moisturizer and the day/night solution stuff,.. and I'm still getting pegged for 24/25 at 30? I have been using that for about 3 years now,.... But for fdn,... color items,.. all that,.. I am a MAC-ophite.

beautifulxdisaster

I have pretty okay skin by myself so I don't use actual skin care items much. But I can't live without eyeliner! I don't care if it is cheap or what, as long as I have my eye liner! I can also use eye liner for my eye brows so a 2 for 1.

mac_obsession

Ive gotta say my proactiv...
Ive never had REALLY bad acne, but enough pimples to make me feel horrible about my skin. Since I started using it I havent really had any breakouts at all...and my skin is much brighter
smiles.gif

joytheobscure

Philosophy cleanser *can't think of the name* and philosophy microdermabrasion. Makeup- I need foundation (dont' care what kind) eyeliner is a must if I have to go outside naked I wont' leave my eyeliner.

PnkCosmo

Welcome to Specktra, Jessica!!!

I have normal to combo skin.

I love, love, love Korres Milk Proteins cleanser. It takes off eye MU as well as face MU and my skin feels so soft afterwards. It's also very affordable.

I'm also in love with Tony & Tina's Loose Mineral Powder. Too bad they *might* be going out of business. It makes my skin look flawless!!

Jillith

Can't live without:
salicylic acid products (paula's choice are the best)
SPF (i like aveeno skin brightening spf 15)
powder fdn (palladio, physician's formula minerals, amazing cosmetics mineral)
shu lash curler

everything else is negotiable. I tend to use different lip/cheek/eye products every day.

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by joytheobscure
Philosophy cleanser *can't think of the name* and philosophy microdermabrasion. Makeup- I need foundation (dont' care what kind) eyeliner is a must if I have to go outside naked I wont' leave my eyeliner.

I think joytheobscure is thinking of Philosophy Purity cleanser
greengrin.gif

You might want to try Dermalogica's special cleansing gel - this is great for my skin when it's all psycho-combination from pollution etc. It smells fairly similar to Purity too.

stevoulina

I can't live without:

:arrow: pressed powder
:arrow: eyeliner (pencil)
:arrow: mascara
:arrow: blush (expect from summer,when I'm tanned and not pale as a ghost!)

trishee03

can't live without:

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Smoothing Stick/Fair
Clean & Clear Invisible Shine-Control Powder
St Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub

rouquinne

sunscreen!!!!

i wear 30+ from april through october and 15 through the winter.

next week, i will be 45 years old.

someone at work thought i was 28 - seriously!!!

greengrin.gif

kissacid

I've oily acne prone skin that is slightly sensitive. I'd die without my La Roche Posay Deep Cleansing Foam and my DDF Sulphur mask.