What to do? *Just got a job with Lancome and MAC called for interview...

galvanizer

I've been at Lancome for barely 2 weeks. Tonight I find a message on my machine, MAC would like to interview me! I feel bad if I end up leaving Lancome after they just hired me, but I really, really would love to work for MAC.
DH thinks I should just go, see what happens. (which I think I'll end up doing anyways... I got home too late today to call, but I'll phone tomorrow).

Any words of advice would be appreciated too... I don't want to give Lancome the shaft, but when I got hired I considered it another stepping stone to MAC...

user4

I would go on the interview... just dont tell them you work for Lancolm now because they may (or may not cuz i dont know how it works there) for references and it would look bad that u have only been there for 2 weeks... good luck!

pale blue

I would definitely go to the initial interview, it really can't hurt. You have to do what's best for you, and if you really wanted to work for MAC in the first place, your heart probably wouldn't be in it working for Lancome. Let us know what works out. Best of luck to you!
smiles.gif

galvanizer

Thank you! You are right, cerisier. MAC is my first pick and my heart isn't all for Lancome though I will make the best of it in the meantime and learn what I can.
BTW, I just got off the phone with the girl who left the message yesterday. I'm scheduled for a group interview next Wednesday morning. She had two huge stacks of resumes in front of her. Those who they like from there will then be able to give their preferences for locations depending on how the rest of the interview process worked out.
When she first called I got scared because her phone number was from a location about 1 1/2 hours away from me and I thought "oh nooo! That's just too far to go"... Phew!
There are two locations within 35 minutes of where I live which is doable.

professionaltart

i would say go for the group interview because the MAC hiring process is long..VERY long, so I wouldnt give up on Lancome as of yet. When you start getting deep into the interview process and demos and things look VERY promising then well...quit. LOL
smiles.gif
i hope you do well on your group interview! =)

pale blue

Good luck at the interview, galvanizer! I hope it all works out for the best.

Maybe you can get some Lancome gratis too before ya leave lol
lol.gif

galvanizer

Thanks for your kind words!! Professionaltart, that's exactly what I was thinking. I was actually going to post that question, but I already knew... the interview process is long so I'd stick with Lancome until it looked like I was 'in' which could be January (when I was going to start hounding MAC again anyways and the Christmas rush is over).

cerisier, I actually am scheduled for a Lancome 'basics' school in a couple of weeks and apparently there is were I can start picking up gratis!
graucho.gif

Latest posts