Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anneri

Massive Lilypad haul alert! I bought these at the early September restock, they've finally made it here (she sends them via a US person): Yes, I went a bit crazy! But she does launch a gazillion colours at once and since she started offering them in mini (7 ml) sizes, I could justify buying more. The bottom row are the Out of Space collection that you could only get through the group, they are so pretty. The top 7 minis are all flakies.  The only other new polish I have is the new Guerlain holiday one. The picture shows it very purple, but it has a lot of pink to it irl. Couple of new manis, first one is EdM Dead & Dreaming with Lilypad Flamboyant on the accents, second one is EP October 2014 with leaf decals I made on my Uber Mat with a couple of Color Club neons. Really sick of not having any sunshine, been wearing all these pretty holos and they don't show up outside. Ugh.
Your hauls are out of this world awesome! *drops dead* I love the combo you did for the first mani - purple plus flakies. Plus the little leaves are so cute!
:wavey: Hey, I'm here. I've just been so stressed out, sleepless, tired etc. because of what happened a fortnight ago in my ******* (you know the 'forbidden' place). Someone caused a minor but severe damage, and now they have to open up the floor and tamper my brand new cabinets! :fuse: And they have not even agreed on who's the quilty party! Anyways, I'm trying to comment later, but here are the latest manis: FF Lantern Waste with Elevation Zhenjin FF Luminous Spire with EdM Forever and Ever Elevation LE Yeti has a Bike
Oh no! That's too bad about your k*****. We didn't have any proper heating last week so somebody had to come in and check every heater - hate that when all those craftsmen trample through my nice apartment! Whoa, those elevations are awesome!
:hello:  Good to have you back! Missed your pretty manis. They are all gorgeous, but that last Elevation! :jawdrop:  Ugh, I need to get that. I can't remember, when is the next restock? I've been wanting Angels Are The Yeti Of The Clouds 2, but it's SO.  Sorry to hear about your forbidden place :)haha: ). It's horrible to have to always worry about something. I was just saying to my daughter, there's always something. If it's not the children, it's the animals, or the house or something. Eg. Max had a really runny tummy for 2 days, now he hasn't pooped for 2 days. I keep watching him when he's outside to see if he poops. Seriously... :blink: I have some bad news myself, we found out on Friday, that my husband won't be able to move out as soon as we thought he would. He'd just had his mortgage approved and was about to sign the contract, but the house the people he's buying from wanted to move to is now suddenly not for sale, so they have to find a new one before he can move into theirs. So that's at least another 2 months, if not more. Ugh, I'm just so fed up now. Weekdays are okay when he's not here (this week is school holidays, but he's working luckily), but I hate the weekends and absolutely dreading Christmas. 
Oh no, that's too bad Anitacska! Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Hopefully everything will happen sooner than anticipated! Christmas is always stressful, so no need to have an even more stressful situation. Here's my latest mani - I used a lot of old nailpolishes for this, plus some nailvinyls and really love it!
32d2cec7_image.jpeg

Anitacska

I love that mani! That's how I envisaged mine would turn out, but it didn't.

Thank you. It's not Christmas I find stressful as such, but the fact that he'll be home for ages. He's really annoying when he's here and tries to boss everyone about. My Mum will be here for a week, hopefully he'll behave better.

I have some new EdM polishes from C4N, they came yesterday and only took about a week thankfully.

Mei Mei has the even newer ones, but I'm trying to be good and not ordering from her, C4N has really cheap shipping, I'll wait for her to have them instead.

That said, I did order a couple of Girly Bits polishes from Mei Mei.

Also Polished by KPT and Bear Pawlishes from RC:

Has anyone seen the new mystery EPs? I'm happy to post spoilers (not mine), if people want to see them.

I have two new manis, one is CbL Midnight in Montana
love.gif
with CbL The Master, the other is El Corazon Strawberry Margarita with Pretty & Polished Love Bytes. The glitter ate the topcoat, needed a coat of Glitter Food plus another topcoat. Blimey. I took a ton of pictures of the CbL as it's such a pretty shifty polish.

Anitacska

ILNP posted this on the FB group:

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that you'll now earn rewards points for your reviews of products that you've purchased.
Some things:
1. Unfortunately, this isn't retroactive so you'll only earn points for reviews moving forward. I'm sorry about this!!
2. The review has to be for a product that's part of an order you made that's associated with your ILNP account. Otherwise the system won't recognize it and you won't earn anything!
3. When you log into your account, you'll see an area on the left labeled "Pending Review." Click that and you'll be taken to a list of products that you've purchased that qualify for review points! You'll be able to leave a review right there, quick and easy!
* Reviewing products is NOT mandatory and as long as the product you purchased has not been retired you'll be able to leave a review and earn points for it.
Let me know if you have any questions!!

I had 67 polishes to review, that's 335 points! That's $16.75, almost 2 free polishes during the pre-order.

PearlyQueen

Well, my bad luck continues. I said I hurt my right thumb and then the acetone really killed it, well it still hasn't healed up, so went to my GP today and he gave me antibiotics. It hurts so much if anything touches it, and since it's my right thumb and I'm right handed, it's hard to avoid that. Then on top of it all, I managed to bash my thumb against a door frame and split the nail down into the nail bed. So now I'm wearing plasters both downwards and sideways. It's a deep crack, so will take weeks to heal.
ssad.gif

I have changed my mani a couple times though as I couldn't look at it all chipped, I put a small plastic bag over my thumb to the nail polish remover doesn't hurt it. The plasters cover the old mani, so that's fine. I'm guessing I'll be sporting a plaster on it for a while yet anyway.

Here are the manis, first one is Deborah Lippmann Xanadu with W.I.P (Urban Outfitters) Mystic River on the accents, then second one is Liquid Sky Lacquer Toested Pumpernickel with some failed leaf vinyls. I wanted to do a nice gradient and thought it might pop against the brown, but it doesn't look good. I used Cupcake Leaf Me Alone, EP House of the Rising Sun and Desert Sunset for the leaves by the way. The vinyls were a major PITA to use, I had to separate every leaf away from the main bit, took forever. Not happy with them at all. I have ordered a leafy stamping plate from Moyou, will try making some decals instead. I have to say, I do love this brown polish though. I'm not a big brown fan, but it's a cool brown and looks really good with my skintone. However, please ignore the ugly cuticles on my thumb, I find it hard to hold a nail clipper in my right hand to snip the extra skin off.

Also, just going to leave this here, the upcoming FF collection:

love.gif
Double ouch! Hope things are healing!
Love the blue mani - both polishes are stunning!
Every piece of nail art I've ever tried has looked like your leaves...!
FF need to stop this, it's too hard to keep up with her! Top middle and bottom left are the ones calling out to me! Not exactly a shock, I'm sure!

PearlyQueen

Massive Lilypad haul alert! I bought these at the early September restock, they've finally made it here (she sends them via a US person):

Yes, I went a bit crazy! But she does launch a gazillion colours at once and since she started offering them in mini (7 ml) sizes, I could justify buying more. The bottom row are the Out of Space collection that you could only get through the group, they are so pretty. The top 7 minis are all flakies.

The only other new polish I have is the new Guerlain holiday one. The picture shows it very purple, but it has a lot of pink to it irl.

Couple of new manis, first one is EdM Dead & Dreaming with Lilypad Flamboyant on the accents, second one is EP October 2014 with leaf decals I made on my Uber Mat with a couple of Color Club neons. Really sick of not having any sunshine, been wearing all these pretty holos and they don't show up outside. Ugh.

Wow, that was a big Lilypad order! I bought a few of the minis, but I haven't got them yet. What are the little clear ones you have? I didn't notice those when I was shopping!
The Guerlain is a pretty colour.
Nice manis - those leaves knock spots off the last ones!

PearlyQueen

wavey.gif
Hey, I'm here. I've just been so stressed out, sleepless, tired etc. because of what happened a fortnight ago in my ******* (you know the 'forbidden' place). Someone caused a minor but severe damage, and now they have to open up the floor and tamper my brand new cabinets!
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif
And they have not even agreed on who's the quilty party!

Anyways, I'm trying to comment later, but here are the latest manis:

FF Lantern Waste with Elevation Zhenjin

FF Luminous Spire with EdM Forever and Ever

Elevation LE Yeti has a Bike

OMG, three stunning manis, lack of sleep obviously fuels your creativity! Did you use undies with Lantern Waste? I was worried mine looked very see-through but yours doesn't!
I may have that Yeti in my US PO Box...

PearlyQueen

th_hello2.gif
Good to have you back! Missed your pretty manis. They are all gorgeous, but that last Elevation!
jawdrop.gif
Ugh, I need to get that. I can't remember, when is the next restock? I've been wanting Angels Are The Yeti Of The Clouds 2, but it's SO.

Sorry to hear about your forbidden place (
girlhaha.gif
). It's horrible to have to always worry about something. I was just saying to my daughter, there's always something. If it's not the children, it's the animals, or the house or something. Eg. Max had a really runny tummy for 2 days, now he hasn't pooped for 2 days. I keep watching him when he's outside to see if he poops. Seriously...
blink.gif

I have some bad news myself, we found out on Friday, that my husband won't be able to move out as soon as we thought he would. He'd just had his mortgage approved and was about to sign the contract, but the house the people he's buying from wanted to move to is now suddenly not for sale, so they have to find a new one before he can move into theirs. So that's at least another 2 months, if not more. Ugh, I'm just so fed up now. Weekdays are okay when he's not here (this week is school holidays, but he's working luckily), but I hate the weekends and absolutely dreading Christmas.
Oh poo, hope that things are OK over the holidays, and keeping my fingers crossed it's not too long till you have the place to yourselves.

PearlyQueen

I love that mani! That's how I envisaged mine would turn out, but it didn't.

Thank you. It's not Christmas I find stressful as such, but the fact that he'll be home for ages. He's really annoying when he's here and tries to boss everyone about. My Mum will be here for a week, hopefully he'll behave better.

I have some new EdM polishes from C4N, they came yesterday and only took about a week thankfully.

Mei Mei has the even newer ones, but I'm trying to be good and not ordering from her, C4N has really cheap shipping, I'll wait for her to have them instead.

That said, I did order a couple of Girly Bits polishes from Mei Mei.

Also Polished by KPT and Bear Pawlishes from RC:

Has anyone seen the new mystery EPs? I'm happy to post spoilers (not mine), if people want to see them.

I have two new manis, one is CbL Midnight in Montana
love.gif
with CbL The Master, the other is El Corazon Strawberry Margarita with Pretty & Polished Love Bytes. The glitter ate the topcoat, needed a coat of Glitter Food plus another topcoat. Blimey. I took a ton of pictures of the CbL as it's such a pretty shifty polish.

EdMs are beautiful, as are the others of course (I already have all of the Bears, was surprised by how much I like Something Strange - I nearly didn't buy it, but it's stunning.
That first mani is just awesome - and I have both of those polishes, I may copycat one of these days (years...).
Second is nice too, pretty red.

StellahB1

I ordered some stuff from SSSS, the Uber Mat was SO of course but maybe I can get it later.

Thanks!

Yay! You got them! I think my last order from BeautyBay also took over 4 weeks, and we're both in Europe... They may use rowing boats though.

I also finally got my FF order today. They are sooo pretty!
th_drool.gif
Little jewels
heart.gif
!
(BTW She had put AUD3 per polish for value, but no one had even bothered to look at the papers. It's like "Ya got a package. Declare! - Sounds like a reasonable sum. Done!"
noworry.gif
)

I ordered some Oil Slicks, too. The prettiest one was SO, but I got two of the most shifty ones.

iagree.gif
We established early on that it's a NP
th_e2cloud9.gif
there down under.

Multithanks, PQ!

Love the middle one!

Pretty! I don't have any Spells but I just saw some really pretty swatches.

Thanks!

RiR is so pretty! Great for fall.

Love the Bear! 24 is my number.

That's not good service! I think I saw a caricature of such a postman last week. They are everywhere.

eyelove.gif
Old fave! And that DL is total bling. Pretty combo!
Wow.......... Good to see and I love that kind of nail colors

Anitacska

Some beautiful colours there - I think Glam are even worse than FF for bringing out too many lovelies to keep up with. I may get a few, but fortunately they're not all my colours.
I love them all, especially those glitters!

I have a mani to show you that I'm actually pretty proud of, although it was really easy as the kittens are just water decals. But anyway, it's EdM Amazonia with Orly Steal the Spotlight.

I took pictures of both my hands as the kittens are different. So cute!

Also here's a picture without flash so you can see the glitters in Steal the Spotlight.

PearlyQueen

Thanks, my thumb is okay now. The cut/infection has healed up and the nail is now long enough to not be sensitive, so I've ditched the plasters.

Hahaha, yes, that nail art wasn't great.

It is crazy that they bring out 8-10 new polishes every month! I love all of these, the blue is a thermal though, you know?

Thank you!

The clear polishes are topcoats, she included one with every order, so you should get one too. It has precious stones inside the bottle, very cute.

Yeah, those leaves were better, but still nothing like Anneri's.

Thanks. Hoping it's not too long. Or that I don't kill him over Christmas.
girlhaha.gif

They ARE way better than mine!

Thank you. Copy away!

Thanks. The red was so much more glowy irl. Plus those El Corazon polishes are just a dream, one coaters and beautiful colours. I have a few more of them. I added the blue one to the previous mani, it looks like the paint is dripping.

I love them all, especially those glitters!

I have a mani to show you that I'm actually pretty proud of, although it was really easy as the kittens are just water decals. But anyway, it's EdM Amazonia with Orly Steal the Spotlight.

I took pictures of both my hands as the kittens are different. So cute!

Also here's a picture without flash so you can see the glitters in Steal the Spotlight.

Aha, if the blue's a thermal then that saves me a bit!
Oo, a Lilypad freebie sounds good, hope I get one! It sounds really cute! Do the stones go on your nails, or are they just decorating the bottle?
I always love the look of the El Corazons, but I'm not getting into another brand and I really don't need any more "straight" colours, I have drawers full of them. I love your drippy nails though - it's really effective. And of course I adore those kittens, they look like Ozzy (he has big round eyes!). I expected Amazonia to be more green than that somehow. Water decals scare me - I think they look really difficult to use, so well done on that.

Anneri

Hey PQ, good to see you! How's the new job? I'm blushing (really!) because all of the nice things you and Anitacska said about my leaves mani. It was a really simple one, too! Also, don't be afraid of waterdecals! They're so easy to use - really! Just wet them and pop it on your nail. Done! Speaking of decals, that kitty mani is beyond cute Anitacska!!! I just got my order from HP with two of the new Glams from the Wicked Intent collection. I'm in love!!!
3fdca151_image.jpeg
de7d37b7_image.jpeg

MRV

Posting the latest manis again. First DL Boo

And my Halloween mani: OPI Peanut polishes Good Grief! and To Be or Not To Beagle. I did not even remember that these were Halloween polishes last year. I just had a thought earlier that I should wear these for Halloween. I have to say I really like the TC. I'm not a huge fan of this kind of glitters but this is very nice.

PearlyQueen

Hi Anneri! I don't start my new job till Monday, but I've had my last day at my current place - they were so nice when I left, it was such a shame I had to go!
Love those Glams, I really like both the DI and DD collections and I plan to own several - hopefully soon!!

PearlyQueen

Posting the latest manis again. First DL Boo

And my Halloween mani: OPI Peanut polishes Good Grief! and To Be or Not To Beagle. I did not even remember that these were Halloween polishes last year. I just had a thought earlier that I should wear these for Halloween. I have to say I really like the TC. I'm not a huge fan of this kind of glitters but this is very nice.

Love the Boo mani - and what you've done with your accent nails is divine.
Your Halloween mani is very modern art-ish! Not my style or colours, but it works!

PearlyQueen

I took lots of pics of my latest mani coz I love this polish - LynBDesigns Amazingly Unlikely:

The aqua holo glitters add something special to the lovely, obvious, strongly pigmented and metallic multichrome in gorgeous colours. Bit of a pig to work with for the first coat, I thought it was going to be awful, but it's actually really beautiful after coat 3.

Latest posts