Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Fuzzy

And my mani is CbL Gunfighter Lots of pics in all sorts of lighting and angles!
e626d16a_image.jpeg
71ab54db_image.jpeg
c9e850e2_image.jpeg
1f571c5d_image.jpeg

Anitacska

That's good!

Thanks!

Very pretty mani!

Welcome back!

Thanks! If you saw how I did the cuticle edge... oh my, it's really awkward and silly and I can't even describe it lol

Great manis! I'm partial to the first one with the sparkly accents

oh no! That sure was a no good, very bad, awful nail polish day :(

Thank you.

Yeah, it was a pretty crap polish day. And now my right thumb really hurts because it already had a cut, then I rubbed a lot of acetone into the wound. Ouch.

Quote: Originally Posted by Fuzzy

And my mani is CbL Gunfighter
Lots of pics in all sorts of lighting and angles!

This is pretty. Don't think I own this one.

The polish gods did make up for the bad day on Wednesday as my FF order arrived yesterday. I actually missed the DHL guy in the morning and requested redelivery for today, but he came back at 5.30 pm as he didn't want me to have to stay in today! What a nice person!

Turns out I did have to pay £3.31 tax on it which they only told me yesterday morning, so I was trying to do that on my mobile while walking Max. Still not bad, if it had been 12 bottles of EP, I would've had to pay well over £30, not £3!

Here's my FF order, these are all so pretty! MRV, did you manage to get the FB group exclusive?

Yesterday I met up with my friend whom I bought some Glams for and she picked up the CbL Halloween duo to share, she loves orange I love purple, so she gave me Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun. I also picked up Orly Lilac Gloss Glitter (just when did Orly become so unadventurous about naming their polishes?) and a Nails Inc set in TKMaxx.

Finally here's my mani, CbL My Own Private Paradise with Barry M Sociallite. I think I need to keep this on for a couple more days as I can't bear the thought of washing the glitter off my hurting thumb. :(

MRV

A quick mani post: Cupcake Berry Good Looking. This is so insanely PINK purple!!! The phone ruins it all.
¨

PearlyQueen

Great manis!

Perhaps you could contact Llarowe about the DD polish? I find it really shocking that she hasn't got back to you.

That Lilypad was an Edgy Polish exclusive.

Yeah, I think so. It was from the fall 2014 collection.

The EdKs are very sparkly, I have a few of the older ones too and apparently they make some really good stamping polishes as well, but I guess that wouldn't interest you. The CbL is very pretty, I don't think I have anything like it.

Thanks. They are both pretty, but I especially adore the ILNP.

Really hope your new job works out well. When are you starting.

Thanks. My packages are on their way, in fact already at Stanstead!

Very pretty! Hahaha, note taken! Trouble is I have so many untrieds. I'm trying to try a new one as well as an old one at a time.

Today's mani is Cadillacquer Dream On with Different Dimension Scar and some very wonky stamping (with YSL Yellow Gold).

Only managed to catch the evening sun, which is a shame as Scar is so sparkly!

Anyone ordered the EP mysteries? I've placed too orders to prevent getting caught, even though I hate myself for giving her an extra $7.
Thanks for that, I start in 2 weeks!
Pretty mani, like the stamping particularly.
I sent the EP mysteries to my Stackry box, hoping they arrive before I have to forward my Glams.

PearlyQueen

I missed FedEx with my delivery of 30+ Glam polishes, so no haul picture today, but here's my mani: Glam Polish Ice Palace with EdM Dramatic Entrance and some stamping (with YSL White Gold).

Ice Palace has a really nice purple shift to it which is hard to capture on camera.

Anyway, FedEx gave me a fright as when I tried to go online to rearrange delivery, it said there's no package with that tracking number, then I phoned the depot and they said the same. Eventually someone called the driver who did have the package and I asked them to hold it so I can pick it up tomorrow. Phew!

My Femme Fatales are on their way (estimated to arrive on Thursday) and I've not been asked to pay any tax on them!
th_sign_woot.gif
I love everything about that mani!

PearlyQueen

Here's the link to the restock and the new colour is there: http://pshiiitboutiqueletiroirenchante.bigcartel.com/

I'm not buying it, not paying 32 euros for just one polish. It's pretty though. Maybe another time.
Missed this until it was gone, tried at the second restock, thought I'd got it then it was gone :(
I love Pandora, I really hope I catch it next restock. I was going to add a couple of the ones I don't have to make the shipping a bit better, but the two I wanted most sold out as well, and honestly I was only really shopping for Pandora. So disappointed, I was sure I was getting it till the Paypal spinning wheel of death got me!

PearlyQueen

Nice teal! And you always have so neat (cuticule) edges.

Very pretty! They all go lovely together. I don't have DE but I did get IP
sigh.gif

Did you get the Glams?

Already? Mine are not even on their way and I ordered before you!?
blinks.gif

Latest manis: PP autumn with FF Sunset Dreams of Ice Cream. The PP is very orange, not red (the phone argh).

And OPI It's a Piazza Cake with some Elevation Marco Polo polishes (I did not even think about it!)

The OPI is a lovely terra. Reminds me of those spicy YSLs.
Those are both lovely and autumnal - I especially like the first one.

PearlyQueen

Had a really crappy day yesterday, nail polish wise. Picked up the Glam package from FedEx and when I opened the box I noticed that she only sent me one Omen polish, even though I ordered 2 (one for a friend) AND one of the polishes broke in transit. Luckily I was later able to transfer it into an empty OPI bottle as it was a clean break. Then I left it all in the car because my husband was home (we had our second mediation session to sort out the finances for the divorce - which incidentally went really well and he agreed to a rather generous monthly maintenance for me and the children, so it seems i may not have to give up buying polish entirely
girlhaha.gif
). Anyway, brought the box in from the car when he popped out and managed to drop it in the living room. Broke 2 polishes, completely, into pieces, no way of saving them. One was from the Wicked Intent collection (Torment) which will be easy to replace from RC, but the other one was one of the LE batches (#7) which you can only get from Glam.
crybaby.gif
Since I paid $75 for shipping from Stackry, there is no way I'm going to order just a couple of polishes. (Incidentally it still works out at only £10 a polish, so not bad, but I did have 34 polishes shipped.) There was polish on EVERY bottle, after emptying out the box, on my hands, such a hideous mess. Today I spent ages cleaning all the bottles with acetone, of course one of the broken polishes was glitter, so it was even harder. Pffft.

She has already refunded me for the missing Omen, and my friend and I will share the bottle, I'll give her 5 ml and still have 7 ml left which should be more than enough. She also asked for 3 other polishes, but there was a one per customer limit on Inferno, so she will give me 5 ml out of hers to even it out. So I guess it's not ALL that bad, but I was so cross with myself, I have no idea how I dropped the flipping box.

Anyway, here are all the polishes, they are all very pretty.

Yes, the green batch polish is VERY similar to It's Alive, also on the left, below.

The four polishes on the left were requested by my friend, so she's having the 2 on the left and then sharing the other two with me. These are much prettier irl.
Argh, what a disaster, I can just imagine it (remember me dropping a giant drawer of polish and breaking several, with polish everywhere?). At least most of it was salvageable and Glam were decent about the missing.
It's a spectacular haul - I have several of these waiting for me in the US, looking forward to seeing them!

PearlyQueen

So nobody ordered then? I just wasn't going to spend £23 on one polish, £17 for Monsters Ink was bad enough already.
ohboy.gif

Thank you.

Yeah, it was a pretty crap polish day. And now my right thumb really hurts because it already had a cut, then I rubbed a lot of acetone into the wound. Ouch.

This is pretty. Don't think I own this one.

The polish gods did make up for the bad day on Wednesday as my FF order arrived yesterday. I actually missed the DHL guy in the morning and requested redelivery for today, but he came back at 5.30 pm as he didn't want me to have to stay in today! What a nice person!

Turns out I did have to pay £3.31 tax on it which they only told me yesterday morning, so I was trying to do that on my mobile while walking Max. Still not bad, if it had been 12 bottles of EP, I would've had to pay well over £30, not £3!

Here's my FF order, these are all so pretty! MRV, did you manage to get the FB group exclusive?

Yesterday I met up with my friend whom I bought some Glams for and she picked up the CbL Halloween duo to share, she loves orange I love purple, so she gave me Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun. I also picked up Orly Lilac Gloss Glitter (just when did Orly become so unadventurous about naming their polishes?) and a Nails Inc set in TKMaxx.

Finally here's my mani, CbL My Own Private Paradise with Barry M Sociallite. I think I need to keep this on for a couple more days as I can't bear the thought of washing the glitter off my hurting thumb. :(

The FFs look lovely, though I still think I'll be skipping them.
That's a pretty mani too, nice colours.

Anitacska

Well, my bad luck continues. I said I hurt my right thumb and then the acetone really killed it, well it still hasn't healed up, so went to my GP today and he gave me antibiotics. It hurts so much if anything touches it, and since it's my right thumb and I'm right handed, it's hard to avoid that. Then on top of it all, I managed to bash my thumb against a door frame and split the nail down into the nail bed. So now I'm wearing plasters both downwards and sideways. It's a deep crack, so will take weeks to heal.
ssad.gif

I have changed my mani a couple times though as I couldn't look at it all chipped, I put a small plastic bag over my thumb to the nail polish remover doesn't hurt it. The plasters cover the old mani, so that's fine. I'm guessing I'll be sporting a plaster on it for a while yet anyway.

Here are the manis, first one is Deborah Lippmann Xanadu with W.I.P (Urban Outfitters) Mystic River on the accents, then second one is Liquid Sky Lacquer Toested Pumpernickel with some failed leaf vinyls. I wanted to do a nice gradient and thought it might pop against the brown, but it doesn't look good. I used Cupcake Leaf Me Alone, EP House of the Rising Sun and Desert Sunset for the leaves by the way. The vinyls were a major PITA to use, I had to separate every leaf away from the main bit, took forever. Not happy with them at all. I have ordered a leafy stamping plate from Moyou, will try making some decals instead. I have to say, I do love this brown polish though. I'm not a big brown fan, but it's a cool brown and looks really good with my skintone. However, please ignore the ugly cuticles on my thumb, I find it hard to hold a nail clipper in my right hand to snip the extra skin off.

Also, just going to leave this here, the upcoming FF collection:

love.gif

Anneri

I think I can't even begin to quote all the pretty manis and awesome hauls (I'm quite green with envy right now lol :D). @Anitacska, I hope your thumb is better by now! I haven't been buying nailpolish much lately. BUT my missing elevation package arrived while I was away and my neighbour got it for me. Yay for that! Here it is:
477798b2_image.jpeg
7dd40670_image.jpeg
Then I saw an awesome offer on eBay for the OPI watercolor set (12€!) and I had to get it -
47bfb5dd_image.jpeg
And then there were this magazine that had a Sally Hansen polish freebie, so I got three (for nail art).
dfa1858a_image.jpeg
Sorry that the pics are upside down - stupid uploading!

Anitacska

Sorry that the pics are upside down - stupid uploading!
Yay, glad your Elevations were safely kept until your return!

The OPI set was a great deal!

Thanks, my thumb is better now thanks to the antibiotics, but my split nail will take a few weeks to grow out sadly.

Anitacska

Massive Lilypad haul alert! I bought these at the early September restock, they've finally made it here (she sends them via a US person):

Yes, I went a bit crazy! But she does launch a gazillion colours at once and since she started offering them in mini (7 ml) sizes, I could justify buying more. The bottom row are the Out of Space collection that you could only get through the group, they are so pretty. The top 7 minis are all flakies.

The only other new polish I have is the new Guerlain holiday one. The picture shows it very purple, but it has a lot of pink to it irl.

Couple of new manis, first one is EdM Dead & Dreaming with Lilypad Flamboyant on the accents, second one is EP October 2014 with leaf decals I made on my Uber Mat with a couple of Color Club neons. Really sick of not having any sunshine, been wearing all these pretty holos and they don't show up outside. Ugh.

MRV

wavey.gif
Hey, I'm here. I've just been so stressed out, sleepless, tired etc. because of what happened a fortnight ago in my ******* (you know the 'forbidden' place). Someone caused a minor but severe damage, and now they have to open up the floor and tamper my brand new cabinets!
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif
And they have not even agreed on who's the quilty party!

Anyways, I'm trying to comment later, but here are the latest manis:

FF Lantern Waste with Elevation Zhenjin

FF Luminous Spire with EdM Forever and Ever

Elevation LE Yeti has a Bike

Anitacska

wavey.gif
Hey, I'm here. I've just been so stressed out, sleepless, tired etc. because of what happened a fortnight ago in my ******* (you know the 'forbidden' place). Someone caused a minor but severe damage, and now they have to open up the floor and tamper my brand new cabinets!
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif
And they have not even agreed on who's the quilty party!

Anyways, I'm trying to comment later, but here are the latest manis:

FF Lantern Waste with Elevation Zhenjin

FF Luminous Spire with EdM Forever and Ever

Elevation LE Yeti has a Bike

th_hello2.gif
Good to have you back! Missed your pretty manis. They are all gorgeous, but that last Elevation!
jawdrop.gif
Ugh, I need to get that. I can't remember, when is the next restock? I've been wanting Angels Are The Yeti Of The Clouds 2, but it's SO.

Sorry to hear about your forbidden place (
girlhaha.gif
). It's horrible to have to always worry about something. I was just saying to my daughter, there's always something. If it's not the children, it's the animals, or the house or something. Eg. Max had a really runny tummy for 2 days, now he hasn't pooped for 2 days. I keep watching him when he's outside to see if he poops. Seriously...
blink.gif

I have some bad news myself, we found out on Friday, that my husband won't be able to move out as soon as we thought he would. He'd just had his mortgage approved and was about to sign the contract, but the house the people he's buying from wanted to move to is now suddenly not for sale, so they have to find a new one before he can move into theirs. So that's at least another 2 months, if not more. Ugh, I'm just so fed up now. Weekdays are okay when he's not here (this week is school holidays, but he's working luckily), but I hate the weekends and absolutely dreading Christmas.

Latest posts