NARS Eye Paints / Gel Eyeliners

Rinstar

I got Iskandar today! It's so pretty, I can't wait to wear it! I want a few others of the eye paints too, I liked them a lot.

DILLIGAF

I was trying to avoid looking at swatches and driving my lemmings into overdrive, but oh well. It is what it is. I now want Transvaal and Mozambique.
eyelove.gif
In addition to Ubangi. This is going to be a very very expensive Fall.
I wanted 3 eye paints and I have 3 eye paints and none of them are the colors I originally wanted. I wanted Transvaal, Mozambique and Ubangi. I have Solomon Island, Snake Eyes and Iskander.

Sylvia60

If you get NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Knight you will have a dead on dupe for Baalbek. $25 vs $4.
I'd go for that dupe, but NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils are available here (Madrid) in only a few colours and Knight isn't one of them.
I bought Baalbek and love it. The texture is superb and it lasts all day long.
I had no issues with the fast dry down and was able to smudge Baalbek into a very nice smoky eye with no problem.
I have a 25% discount at Sephora and I think I'm going to use it on NARS eye paints. I was put of by the idea they'd dry down too fast to work with, but after my experience with Baalbek, I may try that cool brown and the olive green and the medium slate and Iksander...
[/sigh]

DILLIGAF

I'd go for that dupe, but NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils are available here (Madrid) in only a few colours and Knight isn't one of them.
I bought Baalbek and love it. The texture is superb and it lasts all day long.
I had no issues with the fast dry down and was able to smudge Baalbek into a very nice smoky eye with no problem.
I have a 25% discount at Sephora and I think I'm going to use it on NARS eye paints. I was put of by the idea they'd dry down too fast to work with, but after my experience with Baalbek, I may try that cool brown and the olive green and the medium slate and Iksander...
[/sigh]
I can't recommend Snake Eyes enough!

Sylvia60

You evil temptress, you!

I was trying not to think about Ubangi, Snake Eyes and Tatar, but I see 'resistance is futile'.
girlhaha.gif

Anyway, tomorrow I'm going to make a NARS salesperson very, very happy.

Sylvia60

The huge Sephora shop in Madrid's Gran Via only had six of the ten shades.
ssad.gif

I ended up with 'only' Mesopotamia and Tatar and will have to wait til Corte Inglés has their 20% cosmetic sale to get the other colours I'd wanted.
Never mind.
I have Baalbek and the two new purchases and I know combining these new beauties with all the Shiseido creme shadows, the MAC paint pots, the Bobbi Browns, the Inglots and the rest of my eye shadow collection will keep me happy til the next sale opportunity.

narsfanatic

Im really liking my nars eye paints, i heard about it smudging, but i usually use it as a base for my nars eyeshadows, so they stay put and never crease. I dont have all the colours, but here are the swatches of what i have.

DILLIGAF

Im really liking my nars eye paints, i heard about it smudging, but i usually use it as a base for my nars eyeshadows, so they stay put and never crease. I dont have all the colours, but here are the swatches of what i have.

Love your swatches!

starletta8

Just tried my first Eye Paint yesterday, and I went back to pick it up today: Baalbek.

It's perfect with Valhalla and Nepal eyeshadows in my version of a nude eye!

Thinking of picking up Mesopotamia during the upcoming NARS Friends and Family sale! I like that it's a cream shadow that can be used for lining--gives me the impression that there's time to blend before it sets that the average gel liner doesn't always allow for. Snake Eyes also looks so nice, but very similar to Bobbi Brown's Gel Eye Liner in Ivy Shimmer Ink which I already have.

Latest posts