NARS Eye Paints / Gel Eyeliners

shontay07108

ok lol, I missed this. Do they wear well? Last?
How do they wear?
I don't know how long they last because I haven't really tested it out for the long run. I just applied it to one eye as a liner and another as a shadow. They're pigmented and go on smoothly. They don't seem like they'll wear off easily, but I really won't know unless I wear it for a day. With all the makeup I recently bought, I don't know when that would be exactly. I hate when I buy tons of makeup, but none of it really goes together so I can't test several products at once, ya know? :crazy: Any cream liner I use is judged against my beloved YSL liners and that's a tough act to follow.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Any cream liner I use is judged against my beloved YSL liners and that's a tough act to follow.
Yup. I feel like I have to buy something that goes well with my new Rouge Dior, because none of the other products I've picked up recently are a great match. Also, it is possible that I'm trying to make an excuse to buy eye shadows.

YSL are my HG cream liners too. Even with the Nars ones, I'm going to keep right on collecting those babies.

chsai

Yup. I feel like I have to buy something that goes well with my new Rouge Dior, because none of the other products I've picked up recently are a great match. Also, it is possible that I'm trying to make an excuse to buy eye shadows.

YSL are my HG cream liners too. Even with the Nars ones, I'm going to keep right on collecting those babies.
How would you compare ysl vs nars?
hmm.gif

shontay07108

Alright, I tested the two eye paints that I have. I'm going to go ahead and say these will be my only two. I like them, but I don't love, love, love them. There's something about the way they dry down that I don't love. Yes, it's pigmented, yes it still stuck to my lid without primer for a couple of hours, but I wasn't totally in love with the look of it on the eye overall. It's kinda flat. As a liner I had to draw a line and then when I tried to build it up a bit it was a tiny bit streaky. So, I had to do little short lines to make it completely opaque. Again, not a huge hassle, but they are drawbacks. YSL liners as a shadow gives a better finish and is completely opaque in one swipe. No matter how thin or thick you make the line one swipe is all that's needed. Plus, I think the Nars liner has a bit more slip. That's not a good thing in my opinion. YSL is just waxy enough to not slide, therefore making it enough for a one and done. So, on a scale of 1-10 I'd give Nars an 8, but it can't live up to YSL (10), but it's ten times better than Clinique which runs like it stole something.

MissTT

You made me laugh, Shontay. Thanks for the review. Are the Clinique and YSL products you're talking about liners or cream shadows?

shontay07108

You made me laugh, Shontay. Thanks for the review. Are the Clinique and YSL products you're talking about liners or cream shadows?
Liners http://www.sephora.com/eyeliner-effet-faux-cils-long-wear-cream-eyeliner-P299016?skuId=1370550 http://www.sephora.com/brush-on-cream-liner-P131518?skuId=949297

chsai

Again, not a huge hassle, but they are drawbacks. YSL liners as a shadow gives a better finish and is completely opaque in one swipe. No matter how thin or thick you make the line one swipe is all that's needed. Plus, I think the Nars liner has a bit more slip. That's not a good thing in my opinion. YSL is just waxy enough to not slide, therefore making it enough for a one and done. So, on a scale of 1-10 I'd give Nars an 8, but it can't live up to YSL (10), but it's ten times better than Clinique which runs like it stole something.
That was very hepfull.

elegant-one

Again, not a huge hassle, but they are drawbacks. YSL liners as a shadow gives a better finish and is completely opaque in one swipe. No matter how thin or thick you make the line one swipe is all that's needed. Plus, I think the Nars liner has a bit more slip. That's not a good thing in my opinion. YSL is just waxy enough to not slide, therefore making it enough for a one and done. So, on a scale of 1-10 I'd give Nars an 8, but it can't live up to YSL (10), but it's ten times better than Clinique which runs like it stole something.
clap.gif

Thanks so much dear!

Baby1black

playing with them iskander is more creamy and great as an eyeliner as well as base but Mozambique is not as creamy as an eye liner but Amazing as a base. tried a look on one eye using Mozambique.

DILLIGAF

Wore Iskander this weekend past. I used it as a base for Sephora's Colorful Eyeshadow in Snake Skin Dress. I used a Sonia Kashuk brown from the matte neutral's palette in the crease and mixed it with MAC Carbon in the other V. I could have worn the NARS eyepaint on its own but decided to test it as a base. ITS AWESOME!!!! I would have usually have to have placed UDPP under a paint pot to stop it from moving but this time I didn't. Once this baby sets it SETS!

Copperhead

Wore Iskander this weekend past. I used it as a base for Sephora's Colorful Eyeshadow in Snake Skin Dress. I used a Sonia Kashuk brown from the matte neutral's palette in the crease and mixed it with MAC Carbon in the other V. I could have worn the NARS eyepaint on its own but decided to test it as a base. ITS AWESOME!!!! I would have usually have to have placed UDPP under a paint pot to stop it from moving but this time I didn't. Once this baby sets it SETS!
Sounds pretty DILLIGAF!

Yazmin

I bought Black Valley, Solomon Islands, Mesopotamia and Ubangi yesterday. I want to try a nude eye with SI as an eyeliner for a pop of color. I can see Ubangi making a beautiful base for a few of my Inglot shadows.

Baby1black

I bought Black Valley, Solomon Islands, Mesopotamia and Ubangi yesterday. I want to try a nude eye with SI as an eyeliner for a pop of color. I can see Ubangi making a beautiful base for a few of my Inglot shadows.
Don't tempt me. I would really want to try the ysl ones that shontay has mentioned but which one is the most unique to try first.

shontay07108

Don't tempt me. I would really want to try the ysl ones that shontay has mentioned but which one is the most unique to try first.
As far as colors, it's Nars. YSL has everyday colors and some colors that are different, but not really unique. They have a beautiful cherry black, green/olive shade and a beautiful antique gold shade. They don't have the moss green or bright blue that Nars has. I seriously recommend YSL over Nars, but I don't think it would be a huge mistake to try Nars first.

Miss QQ

I saw the YSL gel eyeliners. My counter only has 5 shades, and Deep Black was out of stock. The colours are very pretty and Gold Star is stunning! The NARS ones are not available until October. I think I will hold on to see NARS before buying any. Anyway when I was at the YSL counter looking the the eyeliners, a MA, who was trying on makeup on another customer, took a step back and her sharp heels landed on my ankle. It hurt badly and is now bruised and swollen. I'm a little scared of the counter now, it is very small and crammed. Who knew buying makeup could be so dangerous.

Baby1black

I saw the YSL gel eyeliners. My counter only has 5 shades, and Deep Black was out of stock. The colours are very pretty and Gold Star is stunning! The NARS ones are not available until October. I think I will hold on to see NARS before buying any. Anyway when I was at the YSL counter looking the the eyeliners, a MA, who was trying on makeup on another customer, took a step back and her sharp heels landed on my ankle. It hurt badly and is now bruised and swollen. I'm a little scared of the counter now, it is very small and crammed. Who knew buying makeup could be so dangerous.
Wow hope ur o.k.

Latest posts