MAC Dark Desires Collection (Nov 24, 2015)

lipstickaddict

I still see myself as low-to-no buy, but I am gonna play at the counter and see what happens. Let me know what you think of WYF, please. I am most interested in that one.

WYF is GORGEOUS! The pigmentation is stellar and I love the multi-dimentional pearl - so beautiful in person. I hope you can check it out!

Myth

@GreenEyedAllie

WYF is BEAUTIFUL, very similar to Black Tied but with a "thinner" consistently so it goes on like buttah lol (used 242). I had fallout with WYF that I don't get with Black Tied. But the well and some H2O/Fix+ solves that lol. The packaging is like a thin "disc". My Black Tied single is great to throw in my bag. WYF's packaging seems more fragile. But I'm very happy I got it!

Myth

Anyone getting the brush?

Well, I got it and IMO it's not "fluffy". It's a dense lay down brush. I was expecting a fluffy brush to lay down color AND blend it out. Yeah I'm exchanging this for a 217 or a 224.

The synthetic fibers would be amazing if not as densely packed--I really wanted these exact fibers but in a fluffy brush; oh well lol

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Well, I got it and IMO it's not "fluffy". It's a dense lay down brush. I was expecting a fluffy brush to lay down color AND blend it out. Yeah I'm exchanging this for a 217 or a 224.

The synthetic fibers would be amazing if not as densely packed--I really wanted these exact fibers but in a fluffy brush; oh well lol

Oh no! That's what I was expecting too, I almost ordered it yesterday but kicked it out of my cart the last moment. I'm probably skipping it now. Thanks for sharing!

Myth

Can't believe I'm more drawn to BN than RMB, I'm usually such a sucker for nudes. Wishing I'd picked up Hautecore when I had the chance lol

leonah

So i got my order yesterday. I tried out BoyfStealer and I didn't find it patchy. It also faded nice and evenly from my lips.

The into the well eye shadow is in smaller packaging! Didn't expect that! I worry I will lose it, lol.

that's good to know. hopefully they have updated that lipstick for the better this time :)

Myth

Oh no! That's what I was expecting too, I almost ordered it yesterday but kicked it out of my cart the last moment. I'm probably skipping it now. Thanks for sharing!
Yeah my 242 is WAY better for applying these Into The Well shadows

MRV

Anyone getting the brush? It's not LE, right? :)

Didn't it come out twice just recently? I'm not with my stash atm but the brush I got a few moths ago looks like this one. I like it (works with cremes and such, not using it for blending).

EDIT: I got the brown well. Still testing it.

Marsha Pomells

did you end up getting the boyfriend stealer too?

Yes, done a brief hand swatch and it's one of those lipsticks I find you have to either build up or use a liner. It's nothing like on MAC's website...

Bottom: Heavy Petting
Top: Boyfriend Stealer (not abbreviating to BS...)

image.jpg

And that was after quite a few swipes (didn't count)

Last edited:

leonah

Yes, done a brief hand swatch and it's one of those lipsticks I find you have to either build up or use a liner. It's nothing like on MAC's website...

Bottom: Heavy Petting
Top: Boyfriend Stealer (not abbreviating to BS...)

View attachment 50385

And that was after quite a few swipes (didn't count)

they look quite alright! I need to go by the store and swatch some myself. I appreciate the swatches :) I can honestly live with the "several swipes" thing but can't live with super-streaky and patchy lipsticks. I usually have to layer at least two or three times with some cremesheen's anyways. the burgundy one looks a bit like diva antics from macnificent me in a way

Marsha Pomells

they look quite alright! I need to go by the store and swatch some myself. I appreciate the swatches :) I can honestly live with the "several swipes" thing but can't live with super-streaky and patchy lipsticks. I usually have to layer at least two or three times with some cremesheen's anyways

I think they're best off being applied with a brush, just to avoid the patchiness. But otherwise, they're lovely and can't wait to use these properly. My favourite out of the three has to be Black Night, cos of that sparkle. It's Firm Form reincarnated.

sdsamler

So I slept on this collection but ended up grabbing Black knight.....I really want RMB but I just ordered the Mariah Carey lippie this morning and idk, I think they'll be too similar? Like, so I really need two frosty gold nudes? Lol

Latest posts