MAC Dark Desires Collection (Nov 24, 2015)

GreenEyedAllie

How are the well shadows? I still haven't picked this up to play with them yet.

Haven't got a clue myself, still want WYF though. But apparently, they are pretty small.

They are super thin...like little disks. I haven't looked to see how much actual difference in amount of product, though. I got WYF, and I really like it. That said, it wouldn't have broken my heart to miss or skip it either. I have used it wet and dry....wet, I lose sparkle, so it ends up being like any black shadow to me. It has nice pigmentation and it easy to work with. Dry, I find it has a lot of sparkle. I like to dip an angled brush in a drop of fix+ and swirl it in the well. I use that to draw the line, then I go back over it lightly with drier shadow to have some of the glitter. I did not have a great black liner shadow before, so this was a good staple to add for me. I wouldn't call it a must-have. I swatched other colors dry at the counter, and they seemed more patchy and less pigmented than WYF to me.

Marsha Pomells

They are super thin...like little disks. I haven't looked to see how much actual difference in amount of product, though. I got WYF, and I really like it. That said, it wouldn't have broken my heart to miss or skip it either. I have used it wet and dry....wet, I lose sparkle, so it ends up being like any black shadow to me. It has nice pigmentation and it easy to work with. Dry, I find it has a lot of sparkle. I like to dip an angled brush in a drop of fix+ and swirl it in the well. I use that to draw the line, then I go back over it lightly with drier shadow to have some of the glitter. I did not have a great black liner shadow before, so this was a good staple to add for me. I wouldn't call it a must-have. I swatched other colors dry at the counter, and they seemed more patchy and less pigmented than WYF to me.

So, out of the lot of them... WYF is the best one to own??? Glad I just stuck to the lipsticks and ended it from there.

Myth

ITA with GreenEyedAllie re:WYF

tbh had I seen it the "discs" in-store I would have skipped. I always have 1 or 2 MAC single eyeshadows in my bag no worries but the discs seem delicate like the eyeshadow could shatter so they stay home.

I wish Beg For It had been in regular eyeshadow single packaging and labeled Carbon Matte squared because that's what it is lol

GreenEyedAllie

So, out of the lot of them... WYF is the best one to own??? Glad I just stuck to the lipsticks and ended it from there.

I think it is, but others may not agree. I'm gonna try to post pics for size reference. The new foiled shadow on left, WYF, regular shadow.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Hot damn! It worked this time! I don't know product weights, but you can look it up. I think WYF looks smaller, but I think it's actually the same diameter as a regular single...as for thickness/volume? No idea.

Marsha Pomells

I think it is, but others may not agree. I'm gonna try to post pics for size reference. The new foiled shadow on left, WYF, regular shadow.

View attachment 51077 View attachment 51078 View attachment 51079

Hot damn! It worked this time! I don't know product weights, but you can look it up. I think WYF looks smaller, but I think it's actually the same diameter as a regular single...as for thickness/volume? No idea.

Thanks for the comparison. It looks like you get less than what's in the regular shadow.

lilinah

A lot of the products is the packaging. So even if one looks tall, that doesn't guarantee that the product inside is bigger than the smaller pot.

When the Electric Cool shadows came out again in August of 2015, i got a couple, but the store was out of one i wanted. So the MUA scraped out the tester, which had barely been used once, and put it into a MAC sample pot. Astonishing how *little* was actually in there and how much "package" there was.

So i wouldn't judge these by the size of the compact...

lilinah

Thanks for the hints, Allie! The only Into the Well liner shadow i got was What's Your Fantasy. I have only used this wet so far as a liner and didn't notice a lot of sparkle. Next time i'll pat some dry over the line, 'cuz i want that sparkle.

Latest posts