Flat Iron Recommendations/Questions - post all here

ette

It looks like a fake GhD to me...just get the real thing, it's a bit more but worth it esp. since you don't know if this will work or not.

CrystalStars

Well this one after the payments and stuff is $150..so if it is a fake..it's a damn expensive one.

Im glad I havent bought yet!

CincyFan

It probably is a true ceramic iron but for that price you're better off getting one from a well known company.

teamo7

Sedu hair straightner all the WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I JUst BOUght ONE.. It's not at all what i expected.. It's better!!
It's small, Fast, and I'm not so sure about the whole "doesn't fry up your hair" thing, but maybe it's just because i already have split ends. and
HEAT + SPLIt Ends= DOn't WOrk!!

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellamia
I like "CHI" but if your on a budget "HOT TOOLS" are really good as well

I have to agree with u on this one.. CHI is def the bomb when it comes to flat irons..... and curling irons.. haha and CHI color line i just love CHI

LOVE

Sedu and Solia flat irons are the top selling ones in america!

I have had a solia for 2 years and its been through EVERYTHING. ive stepped on it and dropped it on tile over 100 times and it still works and i ALWAYS break mine. you can get them on folica.com

Bernadette

HAI is another great brand. I have the regular size one which I gave to my Mom a few years back when I chopped my hair off and now I use the twig one which is amazing for my short hair. They also com ewith a waranty.
I think in the long run, it's worth it to dish out the money. I've tried one of those hot tools or whatever tools from Sally's once and it was such a piece of crap. I don't think you realize how terrible they are until you use a good one.

as_cute_as_pie

another vote for ghd
after the sad sad death of mine
ssad.gif
i have swiftly ordered a new pair
smiles.gif

bebs

I too have the HAI I love it.. I've had it for more then a year and a half, its the blue plated one on www.folica.com and I've droped it traveled with it, steped on it sat on it, it still works. I've been told with any flat iron you want to replace them once every 2 to 2 and a half years. is this true? or just when they die?

madkitty

i use GHD's but a friend bought the She straightener from ebay and its better than mine at a fraction of the price!

ballerino

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACreation
Has anyone tried the GHD oil and straightening products???

yes i have, theyre great. I use the matt moulding wax every day, and when i straighten, i use the protective oil, its essential!

laurennoel

the chi iron is the holy grail of all irons.. i've used many (i'm a hairdresser) and this is the only one i'll use, and recommend. no joke

Kiwi Girlie

GHD's are the way to go, I've used so many different types, But GHD's glide through your hair and it feels silky soft instead of dry and horrible :p

They are a bit pricey but worth every penny, nothing gets my hair as straight as my GHD.

They also release them in hot pink/baby pink for breast cancer week every year, which look way cool.

MACtastic

I vote for the T3. It has tourmaline in it, which produces negative ions. The negative ions smooth the hair cuticle and actually helps each strand to hold on to more moisture. The T3 dryers are great too, they cut your drying time in half. The T3 products cost quite a bit, but they are definitely worth it!

Dreamergirl3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
HAI is another great brand. I have the regular size one which I gave to my Mom a few years back when I chopped my hair off and now I use the twig one which is amazing for my short hair. They also com ewith a waranty.
I think in the long run, it's worth it to dish out the money. I've tried one of those hot tools or whatever tools from Sally's once and it was such a piece of crap. I don't think you realize how terrible they are until you use a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebs
I too have the HAI I love it.. I've had it for more then a year and a half, its the blue plated one on www.folica.com and I've droped it traveled with it, steped on it sat on it, it still works. I've been told with any flat iron you want to replace them once every 2 to 2 and a half years. is this true? or just when they die?

HAI (Hair Art and Info) all the way baby!!! I have the HAI Convertable (with blue plates) and I LOVE it. These are great products and I've seen many professional stylists use their flatirons. They have a good warranty and my favorite part is they come in different sizes from the HAI 2 that has 2 1/4 inch wide plates, to the Twig that's 3/8" wide plates. Here's the website
http://www.hairartandinfo.com/
HTH someone! I love my HAI!