Flat Iron Recommendations/Questions - post all here

LMD84

Re: Thinking of getting this GHD Straightener - Opinions?

i have very thick hair too and i just have the regular sized ghd and that works fine. perhaps you'd be ok with the normal one too and save some money?

naturallyfab

I really want to get a GHD when my iron breaks, but being on a college budget, I may just repurchase my flat iron that I use right now, which is a Sedu. I've had it for going on 3 years, and it still works really well. I've noticed it doesn't quite give off as much heat as it did when it was new, but I just keep it on a higher setting, and it works fine

hotti82

Flat iron question HELP!!!!!!! lol

Hi lovelies,

So i'm 1/2 samoan, 1/2 white, my hair is super super curly, but soft; the issue i'm having is this: i can't seem to get the ends of my hair to be nice and straight with the flat iron, it straightens really nicely from the top of my head until the very ends of the hair. they come out really big and frizzy...what am i doing wrong???!?!? i take little sections and go over them a couple of times, but the problem remains
ssad.gif

help!!!!!

xoxo

nettiepoo

Re: Flat iron question HELP!!!!!!! lol

I have kind of course but natural curly hair, and had the same prob. I switched to a professional flat iron and it made a world of difference. Also, I used some shine spray/serum afterwards. hope this helps!

martiangurll

Re: Flat iron question HELP!!!!!!! lol

try using an antifrizz product. an inexpensive one is Tresemme, but if you wanna go high end, the Kenra heat protection is awesome

PnmnianPrincess

It sounds like your flat iron is losing its heat by the time you hit your ends. Make the first pass, stop, wait a few seconds, then just do the bottom half. That might help, or just going slower in general.

tarnii

GHD Gold Stylers vs GHD regular line
So my question is....Are there many actual differences between the regular GHD range and the Gold Stylers or is it mainly cosmetic? I am looking to purchase a new one ( mine is on it's way out) and I don't know whether to spend the extra $$ on the gold range or not.

askme

Best Flat Iron :)

[FONT=&quot]After doing some searching on the internet and reading 100's of reviews a friend of mine suggested to me the Karmin Titanium Hair Iron. She had just bought one and she said it was probably the best iron she has used. After trying hers out I knew I had to have one![/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] So, if you are looking for a salon quality iron I HIGHLY recommend the Karmin. It is affordable and best of all it comes with a LIFETIME guarantee!! it works with any type of hair its the best :)[/FONT]
yahoo.gif

sugeroseee

Ceramic CHI PURPLE Tribal Zebra Flat Iron Straightener

I have east african hair (its very curly and medium thickness). I actually came across this straightener on ebay and i wanted to buy it. I was wondering if anyone could give me feedback on this straightener before i purchase it. Ive heard alot of good things about CHI

LuvKay26

GHD hands down !!! I have a review of the one I recently purchased .. since Katy Perry is now the new face of it I thought i would give it a try & I am in love !!!

Lin1018

My daughter has curly hair and she uses the Karmin G3 Salon Pro hairstyling iron and for her birthday back in March I gave her the Karmin Titanium - she loves both. Uses the G3 after washing and drying hair and the Titanium between hair wash days. Hope this helps you.

Lin1018

It sounds like your flat iron is losing its heat by the time you hit your ends. Make the first pass, stop, wait a few seconds, then just do the bottom half. That might help, or just going slower in general.
I think PnmnianPrincess has hit the nail on the head but I would just add one extra suggestion. Before drying and styling I ALWAYS add my argan oil leave in treatment (part of my Pro Naturals hair repair system). Add only a couple of drops to palms and rub in mainly to the very tips that are giving you the problem. This will help control the frizz and static when straightening. My G3 Salon Pro styling iron has tourmaline & ceramic plates and I do not have any dry ends or breakage.

Latest posts