Flat Iron Recommendations/Questions - post all here

supermodella

Re: Flat Iron Recommendations

I've been using the Corioliss 1 inch for about 4 years now, and it was super hot and amazing, but a couple days ago is when the plates decided to stop getting as hot. I'm so disappointed since I brag about this thing to anyone who's willing to hear it. :p But I definitely have to get a new one now, because it's annoying me. :/

Has anyone seen the commercials for this thing called the InStyler? It looks ridiculous. :p

xsnowwhite

Re: What's the best straightener?

i cant live without my sedu. I love how wide it is since i have super long hair. It literally cuts the time in half to flatiron my hair. Once inch plates aren't too good with super curly hair that goes to the middle of your back!

coachkitten

Does anyone have the Instyler yet? I am interested to know what people think of it. TIA!

2Fruits

My first straightener was a remington, which for its price was pretty good.

Then... one day... the GHD came into my greedy little paws! (A birthday present
greengrin.gif
) Since getting the GHD a few months ago I haven't looked back.

But saying this, there is quite a difference between the two but technique is much, much more important than the type of tool!

When I want my hair perfect, I will wash it then blowdry it straight with a diffuser and a round ceramic brush. Then, I apply a heat protectant using my hands and starting at the tips of my hair and working it through my hair (but not too close to the roots because my hair is very oily). (At the moment I'm using Loreal iron finish). After that I will section hair (1st section is the hair from the top of my ears to the nape of my neck) and straighten layer by layer!

Sounds a bit complicated but I think you can get really good results with many brands of straightener this way
smiles.gif

elle25

Which is the best ghd straightener?

I broke my straightener a couple of months ago and I've finally decided to get a new one. I definitely want a ghd because thats what has worked best for me.
I don't remember which model I had and none of the pictures look like what mine did.

So which one is the best? I want it mainly for straightening but I also wouldn't mind one thats good for curling too.

gildedangel

Re: Best CHEAP Flat Iron and Heat Protectants

I am going to bump this old thread in search of a better heat protectant. I have been using the Catwalk one and I hate it! Any suggestions of good for the price heat protectants, preferably ones that can be found at a drugstore?

Nicala

Re: Best CHEAP Flat Iron and Heat Protectants

A really good heat protectant is Tresemme's heat tamer! I LOVE IT! It's <$5, too. Smells yummy as well.
smiles.gif

Caderas

i have the Cricket Centrix 1" iron, and it works like a DREAM. i'm in school right now, and we all got these in our kits and not one of them have broke yet electrically, or by dropping them! my friend loved it so much, she ended up buying one for her super thick hair. it also does a great job at curling!

Cricket Centrix Ceramic Flat Iron 1", 551715X, Free Shipping

thiscarmen

I have a CHI and I absolutely love it.

But I don't straighten my hair often (only for really special occasions. I can't stand the damage), and I already have normally straight hair...just not as straight as I'd like it to be, but it works everytime and makes my hair super sleep and straight.

nursee81

how is the sedu? I was thinking about getting it at ulta the have a special with the 1 inch and a bonus travel size one for 140. I really can't justify spending the money on the GHD right know.

JENJ5001

Re: Chi Flat Iron

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
I found Chi Flat Iron at Loehmann's. Are they the real thing?

I ordered a chi curling iron off of ebay and when i got it I was suspicious that it was not authentic. I called the farouk company and they confirmed that it was a fake. They also told me that you can not buy there flat irons/blow dryers or curling irons online unless it is from ulta (an authorized dealer) They have a product finder page on the farouk company website that you can check your salon or store to see if they supply there. If they do not supply there then they are fake. Regis is an authorized salon get there supplies from farouk. I finaly got a real one through regis and the one from ebay was close. The biggest difference being the tempature gauge. The fake one went up in 2 degree incurments and the losest it went was off by 40 degrees.The real one works so so so much better. If you buy it from an authorized dealer the iron is under warranty otherwise it is not. Chi's warranty is great. For the first year your just send in your broken iron with 15$ for a replacement. and if it is after a year, send in your iron and 35$ for a replacement (for the your irons lifetime)

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENJ5001
I ordered a chi curling iron off of ebay and when i got it I was suspicious that it was not authentic. I called the farouk company and they confirmed that it was a fake. They also told me that you can not buy there flat irons/blow dryers or curling irons online unless it is from ulta (an authorized dealer) They have a product finder page on the farouk company website that you can check your salon or store to see if they supply there. If they do not supply there then they are fake. Regis is an authorized salon get there supplies from farouk. I finaly got a real one through regis and the one from ebay was close. The biggest difference being the tempature gauge. The fake one went up in 2 degree incurments and the losest it went was off by 40 degrees.The real one works so so so much better. If you buy it from an authorized dealer the iron is under warranty otherwise it is not. Chi's warranty is great. For the first year your just send in your broken iron with 15$ for a replacement. and if it is after a year, send in your iron and 35$ for a replacement (for the your irons lifetime)

thanks. what about site like folica.com. Do you know if they sell the real thing?

noahlowryfan

I have naturally straight hair but want it to look smooth and more straighter than it is. I don't want to spend the money on a GHD since my hair is already naturally straight. What flat iron works like the GHD but for cheaper?

tottui

Hey! I bought a Chi Flat Iron from folica.com about 4 years ago and it is amazing and defineatly the real thing!... Their shipping was super fast and I got a really nice deal + free samples... I've used my flat iron a lot (and when I say a lot, I mean A LOT!!) and it works great and still looks brand new out of the box...

mizvolta

I'm not sure about Loehmann's, but I bought a Chi at Nordstrom Rack and it's definitely real. So it's not just salons and fancy retailers.

purrtykitty

After reading most of the reviews here I opted for a Sedu and I love it! No more q-tip head!

Question though: is the flat iron supposed to come with a storage pouch? Says so in the instruction booklet.

jazmatazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursee81
how is the sedu? I was thinking about getting it at ulta the have a special with the 1 inch and a bonus travel size one for 140. I really can't justify spending the money on the GHD right know.

I love my Sedu flatiron! I purchased it on folica.com a few years back, they were also giving a case with it which has really come in handy to protect it, for travel, etc.

When/if mine dies (they always do I suppose) will definitely repurchase. I have unruly, frizzy, curly/wavy hair and my Sedu glides on smoothly and heats up in like 30 seconds.