Flat Iron Recommendations/Questions - post all here

Robby_Raynebow

Re: What's the best straightener?

I personally have a Solia and after using a CHI and a Sedu. I love it more. I really want to try a GHD tho.

Simply Elegant

I had a babyliss that lasted 3 years and I loved it. I use something else now, but it isn't as good.

joey444

I use FHI recommended by my hair dresser and I swear, I've had that straightener for five + years now and it still works like a charm. I straighten my hair at least two to three times a week and my hair is super healthy.

newtomakeup

I love my GHD as well. I bought after i got about 2 cheaper ones like revlon and other I can't remember. I think its cheaper in uk as i got it for £95 with free shipping.

gildedangel

GHD is the best, but it is also really expensive! My hair is pretty straight by itself so I use a cheap old conair one, but I have tried CHI and GHD and I love the GHD!

pdtb050606

Re: Flat Iron Recommendations

So my 2nd CHI just broke yesterday
ssad.gif
I wasn't too happy with it anyway, and I bought a T3 a few weeks back and hated it-had to return it. I hate to sound like such a noob but, which ones have the all ceramic plates? That's the best right?

elongreach

You know, I've been doing research for my next flat iron for about two weeks now because I'm investing in something that I plan to use for years (I'd say a minimum of maybe 4). I have had my curling iron since I was probably 16 or 17 (I'm almost 27) and they have been broken for about 2 years. So this is long over due.

You all have made my decision more and more difficult. Obviously, I'm pretty frugal. GHD which I would like to have just for the purple outfit it comes with is just way too expensive. I've looked all over the internet for it to be cheaper, but have failed. All the ones on Ebay are fake.

I know I don't want a chi because everyone has said they break. So that leaves FHI and T3. I found good deal on the FHI and that's what I'm leaning towards and a T3 blow dryer. I just don't want to make the wrong decision.

I have relaxed, coarsed, colored hair. I go to my stylist once a month for maintenence. And when it's time for a touchup, this is when these items will be extremely needed. Someone please tell me I'm doing the right thing. My brain hurts so much thinking about this everyday. I want to purchase this thing by the end of the week. Thank you in advance.
smiles.gif

mandycd

I just bought a GHD. I had planned on waiting until Sephora had their FF sale, but I decided I couldn't wait. I did some research and even contacted GHD customer service directly. Amazon.com is an authorized retailor for GHD. However, you have to be sure that it actually says "ships and sold by amazon.com." I got the Pure which retails for $270 and I was able to get mine for $205. It's amazing, I love everything about it. I highly recommend (although a previous poster scared me about the gloss wearing out- I don't ever want it to look old/used, lol)

Ruby_Woo

I had 2 HAI flat irons which all fail because of the stupid cord. It starts being faulty beyond repair. Each within a year frame.

This is my 2nd year w/ my SEDU and it works just like the first day I got it! I loooove it!

if you go to Folica.com they have the best prices in my opinion. Thats where I get my hairstuff from online.

HTH

gildedangel

Best CHEAP Flat Iron and Heat Protectants

Hi all! I know that there is a sticky for Flat Iron Recommendations, but I can't afford most of the irons suggested. I would like to know what lower-end 1" flat irons work the best, I don't need anything fancy, like under $40. I need the kind you can get at Walmart or Fred Meyer or somewhere like that. I don't straighten my hair everyday and it dries fairly straight as it is, so it takes me about >10 minutes to straighten my hair. I like my 2" Conair one but it is too clunky and too big for my new haircut. I also need one that can take a beating as I travel by plane a lot. I am also looking into a good heat protectant that either isn't too expensive or is worth the price. That isn't too much to ask for right?
th_wink3.gif
Thanks you guys! <3

gildedangel

Re: Best CHEAP Flat Iron and Heat Protectants

Any suggestions at all? I can't afford a GHD or a CHI. Maybe there are no good cheap flat irons lol. :p Any recs on heat protectants? I am going shopping tomorrow, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Kelaia

I used to use a Remington one when I lived in England. I can't remember the exact name though, but it was really good!

gildedangel

^^ Thank you so much for your post Kelaia! I ended up finding a BaByliss Pro on sale at Bed Bath and Beyond for $40.
smiles.gif

xsnowwhite

if you're still looking for heat protectant, i love matrix sleek look, redken (forget the name, its in a red spray bottle), and s factor. Those are all "salon" brands but I think it's worth it. I have super long hair and can't really afford to cut it the reccomended 4-6 weeks, so anyways with taking care of it I manage to only need to cut my hair like 3x a year. Btw, I flatiron my hair daily.

Get a Sedu flat iron. I have had two Chi's and both of them broke!! My Sedu has been loyal to me for a year and a half. It was expensive but definitely worth the price. I won't use anything else!

hellotokidoki

i wanna dye my hair red just like hayley williams from paramore.... does anybody know what is the best permanent hair dye to use so i can get the same shade as hers? you know, without it fading too fast?
please help?
ssad.gif

Latest posts