Flat Iron Recommendations/Questions - post all here

brihel769

Re: Flat Iron Recommendations

I personally use a chi, I have had it two years and its been awesome it is well worth the money. I have heard good things about GHD and Hot Tools aswell but I am not sure of the prices on those.

Sunnylee

I use the HANA flat iron. It works really well and it was much cheaper than a chi.
I got mine for only $70

UndeadSuburbia

Has anyone tried the Rusk Go Green straightener? I saw it on sale for 120 and was thinking about getting one.

tarnii

Re: What's the best straightener?

I have a regular GHD which I was pretty happy with. Recently I upgraded and bought the GHD with Wide plates for thick hair and it is great, it has really cut down the time it takes me to straighten my hair. I was surprised how much of a difference it did make.

sherby2722

I love love love my ghds they are amazing
smiles.gif

User67

I have one by FHI & it does a beautiful job of straightening my hair
smiles.gif

RedRibbon

GHD's are my favourite. I've had mine since January 2003 and they're still going strong. They have been one of the most cost effective things I have ever bought in my entire life.

However, some people including myself have issues with the largest plate. I personally have the middle sized plate (the one for "normal" hair, despite the fact that my hair used to be super thick and frizzy and thus the largest one would have been best). I've used the largest plate one a few times and it has left indents in my hair so you can tell where I leave the straightener on my hair for a nano second longer than the rest of the hair. You don't get the plated effect with the middle sized straightener and it still straightens as well as the larger one.

Also, the more you use them the more used to them you become, when I first got mine I was so cautious with them that it took me a while to get my hair straight whereas now I can easily whizz through my whole head pretty quickly.

cazgh

I really couldn't live without my GHDs - they changed my life - seriously - as I have really dodgy hair. I can't recommend them enough and I tried pretty much everything else because they were so expensive I couldn't bring myself to pay out at first - but I have never regretted it ever...
smiles.gif

luvleighlsr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerino
my advice ppl: dont buy anything other than GHD professional ceramic styling irons, it produces the healthiest kind of heat that seals the cuticle...Ive been thru 3 different no name straighteners which originally gave me fab results, but later proved to just damage the hair...GHD's are WELL worth every penny, and ill never have to buy another BURNT OUT iron again...

I agree with this post. I love my GHD. I've had pro tools, chi, and others. Nothing compares to this thing. I have hard to straighten hair and its a breeze with this. It is expensive but think about the $ you'll be saving in hair products.

blackbird

Definitely GHD, I have never looked back. I honestly think it is a tool every women should own, even if they have super straight hair. It's amazing.

elle25

GHD has been my favourite ever hair straightener. And I am heartbroken because it broke yesterday and I don't have the money to replace it. No others have worked as well and I have fairly thick hair. I've got a pink chi but its American and it'll cost too much for the adapters to be worth it.

MacGoddess21

I went through the same battle as other CHI users... I think at this point I have gone through 5 or 6 of them in about 7 years, and I take really good care of mine! I got so sick of paying ANOTHER $120-150 every time it broke, I went out and bought a GHD. It was $255 but they are AMAZING. IMHO having great hair is an investment.... The GHD works a million times better than CHI. Plus it sounds like you'll spend that amount anyway on new flat irons to replace the others... Just something to think about!

MaskedBeauty

I've heard nothing but good things about the GHD straighteners. I really wish I could afford one. I'm gonna start saving for one. Right now I have a T3 Beespoke flat iron ($120). The only way I was able to get that is because it was available at Victoriassecret.com for a little while and I have a charge card there. I honestly don't really care for it though.

friedargh

I have used:

Vidal Sassoon (don't know what model)
It was my first ever straightener and although it worked fine for maybe a year, I found that over time it took longer and longer to heat up. Also, it was too small and timely to use for my coarse and thick asian hair!

Babyliss (again unsure of model)
A decent flat iron although I find that it has developed a "drag" which is a pet hate of mine with straighteners. Creates a very nicely sized curl though! (which i still use it for)

GHD normal sized
The first GHD I ever tried and I am NEVER going back. Smooth and fast and perfect for curling too. However, after a couple of years the cable began to wear and I eventually had to replace the cable. Now the straightener is dead and I don't know why
ssad.gif
I'm contemplating sending it to get fixed even though I now have...

GHD Wide Plates
Excellent for thick or long hair (especially afro-carribean apparently!) so it means that straightening time is cut down significantly from the standard GHD. However, this can only create loose curls and waves due to the width of the plates (which is why I still use the babyliss to curl).

Hope that helps!

nettiepoo

I do hair 4 aliving so i take my tools seriously. I use and rec.CHI flat iron Iv had mine 4 about 3 yrs. and it still wrks great. ANd iv tried ALL the cheaper brands w/ no succ. myself I have long nat. curly hr. and none of the cheap brands would wrk on me a few wld kinda wrk 4 about an hr. then turn 2 frizz. So yea, if a u dont have nat. crl or mayb alittlle wave u MIGHT b able 2 get by with a cheap 1. SO I say if ur able 2 get the CHI its a hair investment.
winks.gif

Latest posts